1. I always hear a lot of talk from people i know that think me collecting CD's is not in fashion anymore...whats the point they say, fair enough most of the CD's i buy i don't listen to ,normally download on PC and have them for collecting, it just looks better to have a shelf full of music rather than a file. Do you think CD's will ever die?
  2. No. I think that particular avenue of format will be with us for quite some time. It may fade the same as vinyl did but look what happened there in recent years.
    It is a pity that Mini Disc went the way it did. I thought that was an amazing media. Hundreds and hundreds of great bootleg recordings ended up from that device. So easy to work! I still have my mini discs, thousands of them here full of all sorts.
    I hope CD will stay as the medium is very handy to pass on music and information. But can see other options will fade it one day.
  3. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:No. I think that particular avenue of format will be with us for quite some time. It may fade the same as vinyl did but look what happened there in recent years.
    It is a pity that Mini Disc went the way it did. I thought that was an amazing media. Hundreds and hundreds of great bootleg recordings ended up from that device. So easy to work! I still have my mini discs, thousands of them here full of all sorts.
    I hope CD will stay as the medium is very handy to pass on music and information. But can see other options will fade it one day.
    +1 agreed
  4. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:I always hear a lot of talk from people i know that think me collecting CD's is not in fashion anymore...whats the point they say, fair enough most of the CD's i buy i don't listen to ,normally download on PC and have them for collecting, it just looks better to have a shelf full of music rather than a file. Do you think CD's will ever die?
    Yeah, I like CDs for the same reason. I can see my music.

5. Much better than any computer files. The real thing!
  6. You should also please the eye

7. Elizium......there's a parallel universe
  8. ...we're going OFF
    isn't there a thread....MUSIC: SOUND &LOOK

9. Music to listen to
    ...to touch...
    To dress up

10. Just one wall of 8 and growing
  11. You Got Space?
    Me...anymore.i Got records with My socks...