1. Korean promo CD

2. My original Rattle & Hum free standing theater display...
  3. Cool!

I think you win the competition for the largest piece of memorabilia.

4. Can I just tell you how thrilled my wife is to have this move around with us over the years?
  5. My mum and his boyfriend by then (now husband and my dad) stole one of those from the cinema when they premiered R&H here in Madrid but it got lost somewhere somehow around the 90s in one of our house moves So congratulations for having the four of them in a good shape and moving with you through the years and decades
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:My mum and his boyfriend by then (now husband and my dad) stole one of those from the cinema when they premiered R&H here in Madrid but it got lost somewhere somehow around the 90s in one of our house moves So congratulations for having the four of them in a good shape and moving with you through the years and decades
    Kudos to them for stealing! That's not an easy piece to grab and go! I wish I had the space to display them properly, but I have to say that they are probably in such good condition from being kept stored, not displayed all that time.
  7. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Kudos to them for stealing! That's not an easy piece to grab and go! I wish I had the space to display them properly, but I have to say that they are probably in such good condition from being kept stored, not displayed all that time.
    My mum has told me the story loads of times. The guards were distracted taking care of the band when they went around for signing autographs and stuff, so they grabbed the big carton poster and started running down Gran Via (Madrid's biggest avenue)

Can I ask you if you got them back in 1988 or any time later?
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    My mum has told me the story loads of times. The guards were distracted taking care of the band when they went around for signing autographs and stuff, so they grabbed the big carton poster and started running down Gran Via (Madrid's biggest avenue)

Can I ask you if you got them back in 1988 or any time later?
    I got mine right out the theater in 1988 as well, although my story isn't as exciting. I knew the manager of the theater...
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:My mum and his boyfriend by then (now husband and my dad) stole one of those from the cinema when they premiered R&H here in Madrid but it got lost somewhere somehow around the 90s in one of our house moves So congratulations for having the four of them in a good shape and moving with you through the years and decades
    I had the cool inflatable Trabant from Achtung Baby for years too until it sprung a leak. If I had been smart, I woulda just kept it in it's packaging, but I was young, single and foolish at the time and it looked good hanging over my bed with the disco ball!
  10. It's cool anyway! They probably are, as Paul says, the biggest piece of U2 memorabilia ever. (if you don't count the actual Zoo Trabants). Sad about your punctured Trabbie Do you still have it?
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It's cool anyway! They probably are, as Paul says, the biggest piece of U2 memorabilia ever. (if you don't count the actual Zoo Trabants). Sad about your punctured Trabbie Do you still have it?
    Probably in a box somewhere in my attic with my old Pearl Jam doormat!