1. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]
    We can, but I've a feeling we'd get shot lol. I have the same fears about UTEOTW BUT the fact that they play them both in G these days would mean that they could repeat the ZooTV approach...

...although only if they reverted to the Elevation format of UTEOTW, the Vertigo versions lacked spunk if you get me (and yes I did say spunk, but I've been watching too much Blackadder recently lol...)

2005-05-28 - Boston, Massachusetts - Fleet Center; download that bootleg and you'll get the idea about the 'segue' (I say segue, it's not quite but it's still great), one of the best encores on the entire tour for me, the place was buzzing from start to finish and the encore sent everyone to the stratosphere lol! (don't be put off by the harsh 3-star rating too )

ANd WGRYWH did get a fairly regular spot on ZooTV, it got played more times than NYD, but the problem, I guess, was that when both segued perfectly from UTEOTW, they had to mix and match - the Sydney DVD would have been bettered if WGRYWH had been played instead of NYD...although that said, it's an awesome performance so it kinda makes up for it...

I don't believe this. I was reading this as I had UTEOTW from Boston 2005-5-28 playing on iTunes! That's too f*cking freaky! Elevation versions Bono and Edge just went absolutely nuts towards the end. It was a fine period for that song. And guess what comes after UTEOTW during this gig? I guess WGRYWH was on the first two legs, but it never made a return.
  2. Originally posted by aussiemofo[..]

Harry, should we take him out the back?

Oh. now you made me scared!
    You know what? We'll fight it out outside! If you come with all your friends, then I'll come alone too...
  3. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]
    Yes, that blasphemer's had it coming for too long...

How can he say that it's worse than the album version of TTTYAATW?!

Okay, now you got me. Forgot about that song...
    Okay, WGRYWH is the second worst!
  4. The way UTEOTW turns into NYD is one of the best moments on the Syney DVD.
  5. Originally posted by aussiemofo[..]

I don't believe this. I was reading this as I had UTEOTW from Boston 2005-5-28 playing on iTunes! That's too f*cking freaky! Elevation versions Bono and Edge just went absolutely nuts towards the end. It was a fine period for that song. And guess what comes after UTEOTW during this gig? I guess WGRYWH was on the first two legs, but it never made a return.

It's the best version of UTEOTW from the Vertigo tour, I love it when Bono says "you know I love the element of surprise" in an Arnie voice lol i.e. "I am die Terminador!" type thing, love it!

Originally posted by MWSAHThe way UTEOTW turns into NYD is one of the best moments on the Syney DVD.

Have to agree, I think it's one of the best DVD performances along with PopMart. Slane is awesome, but I dunno, there's something about the former two that gets me everytime...

6. No God Part II, I prefer Silver and Gold. Especially that solo at the end. Ok edge, play the blues!
  7. Does anyone else prefer RTSS over Miss Serajevo?
  8. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01Does anyone else prefer RTSS over Miss Serajevo?

Sure do, Miss Sarajevo is a good song, but despite the name and its meaning i thinking RTSS is more powerful, though it wasn't at its best on the Vertigo tour.
  9. Originally posted by Hans23[..]

Sure do, Miss Sarajevo is a good song, but despite the name and its meaning i thinking RTSS is more powerful, though it wasn't at its best on the Vertigo tour.

RTSS from Rotterdam 1990-06-01 best ever..
  10. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01Does anyone else prefer RTSS over Miss Serajevo?

Yes, please. RTSS from the Chicago DVD is one of the highlights of the Vertigo-tour IMO. Mis Sarajevo is indeed a nice song, but I prefer RTSS.

And about Silver & Gold: Please Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry: let this song return. Instead of SBS from the last tour...
  11. They should rotate SBS, with BTBS,Please.POE, and LAPOE. Anyone else like this idea?
  12. Originally posted by wtshnnfb01They should rotate SBS, with BTBS,Please.POE, and LAPOE. Anyone else like this idea?

Would be a great idea: then you have more space for other, rare songs (Electrical Storm (okay, we all agree with this should be played live).