1. ZooTv or Elevation, i can't decide.
  2. Originally posted by theedge123[..]

I can understand that, but the closers changed regulary, Sunday Bloody Sunday replaced the karaoke (but still Edge sang it), and had some surprises in this tour (more in the end) like Mothers of the Disappeared, Bad, Slow Dancing and Miss Sarajevo

But for the setlist, Las Vegas wins

Las Vegas would have been the best ever had they not used the actual show to rehearse. If they rehearsed then played that setlist then wow. Great setlist yes, but not a great show for me
  3. Originally posted by theedge123[..]

I can understand that, but the closers changed regulary, Sunday Bloody Sunday replaced the karaoke (but still Edge sang it), and had some surprises in this tour (more in the end) like Mothers of the Disappeared, Bad, Slow Dancing and Miss Sarajevo

But for the setlist, Las Vegas wins

Don't forget 40.
  4. Originally posted by easports43[..]

Don't forget 40.

Oops, forget this. I think it's a beautiful version with Bono and Edge only, even if I prefer the full band one (like War tour/UF tour)
  5. Originally posted by theedge123[..]

Oops, forget this. I think it's a beautiful version with Bono and Edge only, even if I prefer the full band one (like War tour/UF tour)

I agree with you!
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

Las Vegas would have been the best ever had they not used the actual show to rehearse. If they rehearsed then played that setlist then wow. Great setlist yes, but not a great show for me

Yeah, If You Wear That Velvet Dress could be great in the way they played (if they did not hesitated) but live, this song never beated the album version... and Bono compares this to background music in a airport lounge. Seriously, I think they hate too much this album, and the idea to re-record this one is completely stupid. They changed since 1997.
  7. Originally posted by theedge123[..]

Yeah, If You Wear That Velvet Dress could be great in the way they played (if they did not hesitated) but live, this song never beated the album version... and Bono compares this to background music in a airport lounge. Seriously, I think they hate too much this album, and the idea to re-record this one is completely stupid. They changed since 1997.

I can understand from the bands perspective why they wouldn't mind re-recording it. As a fan though I say NO NO NO!!. Its fine the way it is (apart from Miami) and just record something new.
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

I can understand from the bands perspective why they wouldn't mind re-recording it. As a fan though I say NO NO NO!!. Its fine the way it is (apart from Miami) and just record something new.

Agreed!
  9. Originally posted by easports43[..]

Agreed!

me too!!!!
  10. Vertigo because it was a worldwide tour, whereas Elevation was a US-EU tour mainly.

But then again so was POPmart and ZooTV, plus Lovetown too. In my mind, JT was my absolute favourite - because Bono had an awesome voice. And it was simple compared to ZooTV, POPmart, Vertigo and maybe even Elevation.
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

I'd replace Gone with the Best Of version, and put Edge's guitar of the live versions of If You Wear That Velvet Dress. And Mofo is somewhat overproduced. The rest of the songs could be a bit better, but they are great the way they are.

As for the tour, if we talk about the stage, Vertigo Tour is the best. It fits almost any song. But overall, I prefer Lovetown and Zoo TV/Popmart(I still can't choose one).

Originally posted by theedge123[..]

Bono's vocals and band performances improved since the start of the tour, I love the guitar sound of the songs and 3/4 of the Popmart versions are my favorites (I'm a guitarist so I know of what I'm talking) and Pop is my 2nd favorite album (I think there's no weak song on it)

Popmart is not just the Las Vegas concert (which was not so bad) or the Sarajevo concert....

Amen!!! Popmart's band performances kicks ass most of Zoo TV's new songs: Until The End Of The World, One, Mysterious Ways... if just Bono could sing better, but in Leeds for example he does fine.
  12. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

Yeah, and I listen to the Please single version, there's no emotion in Bono voice, like they said in U2 by U2, they were trying to find a good mix for a hit single.... All the strings stuff, it's too much. That's why I love 100 times the album version over the single one. It's raw, and you feel the emotion

But that's another story, they were still in the Pop era when they re-recorded it