1. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Actually, from what I experienced, the younger fans prefer the newer releases indeed. Which is pretty normal btw.

But to generalise and say all younger fans think that way, or that younger fans don't matter, is ignorant and it has angered me that older fans feel the need to belittle younger one's as they feel superior to them.

This is why i made a point of kicking a 34yr old fans ass at a random U2 quiz in Boston
  2. Originally posted by MacphistflyOh Remy, can i have the honour of picking one of the photos?

One of the photos for the new header?
    I'm always open to suggestions, there's even a header-photo-submit topic somewhere. I'm so looking forward to the new U2start with a forum search option
  3. Well when i get my computer up and running again (hopefully soon) i'll send tons in but for now i shall suggest the picture on page 74 of U2byU2 of Edge with the Explorer and Bono dancing, is a good choice.
  4. Originally posted by MacphistflyWell when i get my computer up and running again (hopefully soon) i'll send tons in but for now i shall suggest the picture on page 74 of U2byU2 of Edge with the Explorer and Bono dancing, is a good choice.

Thanks, noted!
  5. see, i actually made the effort to go look, haha.
  6. Originally posted by Remy[..]

I guess I can
    The average age of the members of U2start is: 26.7

Off course it's only from the members who shared their date of birth.

wow! didnt think id be under the average age.
    anyways getting back to topic, remy you look beyond cool with those shades on. great pic.
  7. Wow, that amazing. It's a shame you cut your hair, with long, dark hair and the leatherjacket you would be Bono
  8. Originally posted by Macphistfly[..]
    I have a suggestion that we should switch Bono's leering head there, with a younger U2 to represent the fact we're a younger fanbase.

He is leering isn't he? I almost feel like if I wrote something negative about him his eyes would spring up and stare me down
    Maybe that's why its there....

But I disagree. I think its a novel idea that we have a pic of a younger band to represent a younger fanbase but the whole point of the community that I think Remy has built is a universal thing. If we don't like being younger fans in older forums, we don't want to alienate older fans in a predominantly younger forum.

Not that we do that, I just don't think the header picture should represent anything. I think it should just be a cool pic of the band, (hopefully a new pic since I think each member of the band's new look is really their best (including Bono's new haircut)) and hopefully a picture that won't look...you know...

Leering.
  9. He's always watching...because he knows....
  10. if you think bout' it. u2 'start' is in and of itself a youthful name.
  11. Originally posted by feffutWow, that amazing. It's a shame you cut your hair, with long, dark hair and the leatherjacket you would be Bono

Yeah if I only knew this 2 weeks before I would've waited with cutting my hair
    But well, plenty of time now to let it grow again
  12. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Yeah probably Bono doesn't have a big head too

Actually i was thinking the opposite, cause when i saw Bono with this shades, they didn'y looked that big (and then i mean just the glasses )
    I'm glad they fit You look great with it, it's a pity you just have cut your hair, but i suggest you let your hair grow again and then when U2 plays in the Netherlands again, you can see them dressed as The Fly, maybe Bono tkaes you on stage to sing The Fly