1. Originally posted by aussiemofoThere are others....How cool would a Killers cover be and not just a snippet? Kings of Leon..............Arcade Fire.........Franz Ferdinand?
    Well, most of U2 audience is 30-40 years old, so they wouldn't appreciate new music snippets or covers. The Beatles, the Rolling Stones, The Police, that are the groups that U2 audience like
  2. Originally posted by yeahWhy do people want to hear covers? It's a damn U2 concert. 1 or 2 snippets, okay. But not more.
    Got a point there. I'd prefer Like A Song or Acrobat instead of She Loves You or Norwegian Wood...
  3. Originally posted by LikeASongI do NOT want 11 O'Clock IF it's not played a la Boy-October-War Tour... I dno't want a Irving Plaza 11O'CLock

Ah Sergio, come on...Irving isn't that bad. I admit the tempo is too slow and Bono's Elevation-voice wasn't that good, but his voice is back now, it seems and the tempo is just a matter of play. I hope that 11 O'Clock Tick Tock will be in the setlist.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Well, most of U2 audience is 30-40 years old, so they wouldn't appreciate new music snippets or covers. The Beatles, the Rolling Stones, The Police, that are the groups that U2 audience like

Ha! I don't like any of those, especially the Stones. I appreciate that Beatles inspired U2 to a certain extent but that doesn't mean they need to keep on paying homage every tour.
  5. Originally posted by aussiemofoHa! I don't like any of those, especially the Stones. I appreciate that Beatles inspired U2 to a certain extent but that doesn't mean they need to keep on paying homage every tour.
    I didnt say "You HAVE to like this groups in order to be a good U2 fan!", I simply meant that old U2 audience wouldnt like a The Killers or Artic Monkeys cover In case they want some cover song to be played they expect some Beatles, Police, REM, Pearl Jam or so.
  6. Originally posted by yeahWhy do people want to hear covers? It's a damn U2 concert. 1 or 2 snippets, okay. But not more.

Here here - I always say it, but U2 have a big enough discography to play a show with all U2 material (although I have no problem with snippets, different matter entirely in my opinion ).
    Originally posted by LikeASongI do NOT want 11 O'Clock IF it's not played a la Boy-October-War Tour... I dno't want a Irving Plaza 11O'CLock

Although I prefer earlier renditions, the Irving Plaza version was fine with me. Yeah, not too fast but it wasn't that shabby! Better than the Arnhem version...
    Originally posted by aussiemofo[..]A Please return would be disastrous for me! Ok maybe that's a bit over dramatic, but PLEASE leave it on the scrap heap. It's a downer and a mood killer.

How is it any more a mood killer than other sombre work like Love Is Blindness, Wake Up Deadman or BTBS? Alright BTBS has a bit of tempo, but still the content of the song isn't exactly cheery or happy-go-lucky...
  7. Originally posted by WojBhoy[..]
    How is it any more a mood killer than other sombre work like Love Is Blindness, Wake Up Deadman or BTBS? Alright BTBS has a bit of tempo, but still the content of the song isn't exactly cheery or happy-go-lucky...

Put simply, it just sucks.

Originally posted by LikeASong
    In case they want some cover song to be played they expect some Beatles, Police, REM, Pearl Jam or so.

A Pearl Jam cover would be good! Or Chilli Peppers?
  8. I want to come soon
  9. Originally posted by patou2I want to come soon

Young people may be viewing this, patou2.

Next tour? I'd be happy with another 360 style tour to be honest. I don't want indoor gigs because I don't care much for the intimacy, U2 aren't intimate. Indoor gigs are fine if they start with an acoustic version of Streets and feature classics such as Peace On Earth, Grace and One Step Closer. U2 have been an outdoor, stadium filling, in your face rock band for decades, a small slip-up in the early 2000's doesn't make them an arena band. Coldplay are an arena band. Piano's aren't as loud as guitars.
  10. I hpoe not to wait 4 years.
    They are a bit old , maybe not a 2 years tour, but yes a year tour perhaps starting at the November 2012 , why not dream ?
    What do you think ?
  11. I'd love a really small tour, very bare bones, without any huge stage production. There's a venue here in Ottawa called the National Arts Center, and it's essentially a theatre with graduated seating, box seats up on the sides of the walls, balcony seats, etc. I saw Phantom Of The Opera there, and a few bands have played there as well.

I'd love to see U2 play there. You've very close to them, they could tell stories and just play their music, without any distractions. Sure, it's almost the opposite of what U2 is about now days, but It'd be something else, that's for sure.

But seeing as how that's never going to happen, I'll comprimise and say I'd like an arena tour next. I saw the 360 show 4 times, and now I'm ready to have a smaller audience and a more intimate mood from the B-man when performing.

Plus, I'd like to hear fan-favourites more. I know U2 are all about breaking the mainstream and getting new fans, and a large portion of their current audience only know them for their big hits, but I'd like to see them play songs that only their diehard fans would know. They touched on it on the last tour (Scarlet, UV, UF (should be widely known) Zooropa, The Fly, etc.) but I'd like to see them replace the songs that fulfill the U2 cliche requirement (Beautiful Day, Elevation, Vertigo, etc.) and start playing some more alternative tracks that'll make the casual fans want to look more into their catalogue of songs.
  12. I love how your "cliche requirements" songs come from the 2000's.