2024-02-23 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 0
  1. Originally posted by shappers72:[..]
    Plenty of 2020/21 cinema releases made their way to streaming and release through other mediums pretty quickly. Not sure why U2 would have different rules?
    The distribution company still has the rights to show it in theatres first. U2 can release it there, and do the contracted promotion to go with that, and then stream it at home. But they are focused on other things and I doubt they want to look at doing a promo tour for a film at the moment. Or they can buy the rights back to release it without a theatre release first. Or they can wait until the rights revert to them.

The difference is U2 didn't show the film in theatres yet. So the distribution company still has the rights to show it there first before U2 can do otherwise with it. No one foresaw the entire world shutting down when those contracts were drawn up I'm sure.
  2. I spotted Stewart Copeland of The Police at the show last night.
  3. Any idea what the turntable songs were.
  4. All I Want is You - Into the Mystic / Desire / When Love Comes to Town / Love Rescue Me
  5. Has anyone downloaded the video of the complete Feb 23 concert from YouTube?

U2 UV Live from the Sphere GA Pit Pretty Good Cellphone FHD 2/23/24 Complete Show

This has now been removed by YouTube. I did make a download but unfortunately it was lost. As I was there and it was a fantastic concert I would love to have it!
  6. Originally posted by fv45pfap:Has anyone downloaded the video of the complete Feb 23 concert from YouTube?

U2 UV Live from the Sphere GA Pit Pretty Good Cellphone FHD 2/23/24 Complete Show

This has now been removed by YouTube. I did make a download but unfortunately it was lost. As I was there and it was a fantastic concert I would love to have it!
    I wish I had downloaded it. I was standing literally right behind the guy who recorded it, so it was great to relive the show from the same POV. At one point he turns around to show a shot of the crowd, and you can clearly spot me and my friends.