2024-02-18 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 1
  1. LMJ with possible surgeries on his shoulders, arms, neck, back, and foot / ankle. It appears he may have been in some type of car accident or has some underlying condition. Certainly not wishing that upon him but I'm just saying as a realist. Perhaps one day the truth will come out.
  2. Originally posted by LostSailor:LMJ with possible surgeries on his shoulders, arms, neck, back, and foot / ankle. It appears he may have been in some type of car accident or has some underlying condition. Certainly not wishing that upon him but I'm just saying as a realist. Perhaps one day the truth will come out.
    I think his underlying condition is being a professional drummer for 50 years. Repetitive joint trauma seems like a good explanation.
  3. Originally posted by LostSailor:LMJ with possible surgeries on his shoulders, arms, neck, back, and foot / ankle. It appears he may have been in some type of car accident or has some underlying condition. Certainly not wishing that upon him but I'm just saying as a realist. Perhaps one day the truth will come out.
    Car accident?? Where did that come from?!? Underlying condition probably IS drumming for all those decades, and I don't remember the source, but he has said himself that he played with poor form for a long time. Repetitive use injuries do take their toll, and if he needs such a long amount of time to heal, then more power to him. Being in the midst of rehab, it's awesome and admirable that he performed and appeared to promote Atomic City..In hindsight, it kind of makes sense that he'd take a large chunk of time off to address all of his issues. If he had taken bits of time off here and there for various surgeries and rehab, the albums and touring schedule over the last several years might have been seriously altered..Songs of Surrender and the Sphere stuff were perfectly timed for his time away.
  4. As someone who is 5 years younger than Larry but who hasn't spent a career bashing things for a living, I can tell you from first hand experience that multiple ailments is not unusual at this age. Given what he's been doing all these years I'm not surprised in the least if he has problems with neck, shoulder, arms, back and ankle. They each take the strain from a 2 hour show, not to mention rehearsals and recording.
  5. Originally posted by LostSailor:LMJ with possible surgeries on his shoulders, arms, neck, back, and foot / ankle. It appears he may have been in some type of car accident or has some underlying condition. Certainly not wishing that upon him but I'm just saying as a realist. Perhaps one day the truth will come out.
    It’s from years of drumming. His injuries started back in 1983, and he was actively seeking treatment for them in 1984. It’s well documented.
  6. LMJ didn't look well to me during the JT17 / JT19 tours , maybe all the painkillers he'd be taking though.
  7. I thought he looked better on E&I Tour in 2018. He was definitely happy and in a good mood though on the JT19 tour.