2024-02-18 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 1
  1. The GA list people suck. But U2 allows/supports it, so whatever. I did GA back in October, walked onto the floor at 7:30pm and got as close as I wanted to on Edge's side. (about 3 deep, any closer, and I would have lost sight of Bram & Adam)

U2 should support random wristband line up, the morning of. Hand out a 1000 or so and then pick a number and the line starts there. Everyone without a band, lines up after those that do. You get different faces up front, and there is no need for someone to cram up for their social media moment with Bono at the front.
  2. Each to their own but I find it difficult to understand why a grown adult would queue from 4am for a front row spot at a concert.But hey if it makes you happy crack on.
  3. Originally posted by kezman:Each to their own but I find it difficult to understand why a grown adult would queue from 4am for a front row spot at a concert.But hey if it makes you happy crack on.
    If it was just a 4am queue, that you had to stay in, I would have ZERO issues. It's the whole list crap 3 days early. It's not something the regular public knows about, so when they show up at 4PM, and 200+ people line up in front of them because they are on some secret fan list, it's a shit show.

This is the official word.

"Starting at 8:00am on each show day, sequentially numbered wristbands will be issued on a first come, first served basis for General Admission (“GA”) priority entry. A GA ticket will need to be presented in order to obtain a wristband. The wristbands will be distributed at the main concierge located next to the Plaza Entry, which is on the east side of the building. After receiving a wristband, guests are asked to leave and return no earlier than 5:30pm."

Nothing about a fan lineup from 2-3 days prior.

4. they got one of them to a crew member before the show who got Bram in on it. We were in Adam's corner near rail that night too.

5. He was given it in advance via a couple of members of the crew. The crew knew about the moustache plan as early as Wednesday, and were more than happy to take part.
  6. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

He was given it in advance via a couple of members of the crew. The crew knew about the moustache plan as early as Wednesday, and were more than happy to take part.
    Wow, that's some serious insider reporting on the fake mustache.

I wish we had that much information about Larry's health. (not throwing shade, by the way, the job u2songs does is amazing AND it's nice to see the band so playful AND I liked Bono's reaction to Bram's mustache during the show BUT if we know so much about the mustache I wish we had more info from the same sources about things that are more relevant to the band's future - not to say that we can't have both - i hope you see where i'm coming from here and don't take offense - mad props as always).
  7. Originally posted by j1167198:[..]
    Wow, that's some serious insider reporting on the fake mustache.

I wish we had that much information about Larry's health. (not throwing shade, by the way, the job u2songs does is amazing AND it's nice to see the band so playful AND I liked Bono's reaction to Bram's mustache during the show BUT if we know so much about the mustache I wish we had more info from the same sources about things that are more relevant to the band's future - not to say that we can't have both - i hope you see where i'm coming from here and don't take offense - mad props as always).
    Sherry went in with me on my extra GA ticket. So I was talking with her all day long, and the night before to coordinate. And I had one of the conversations with the crew about the whole thing.

Larry’s health? His final surgery was last Fall I understand (after the shows started). It was on his foot / ankle, and the surgeries on arms and shoulders went first to make sure he had the most amount of time to repair there. The band is going back into studio mid-March. There will be an update on more later today or tomorrow if I can finish off what I’m writing up.
  8. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    Sherry went in with me on my extra GA ticket. So I was talking with her all day long, and the night before to coordinate. And I had one of the conversations with the crew about the whole thing.

Larry’s health? His final surgery was last Fall I understand (after the shows started). It was on his foot / ankle, and the surgeries on arms and shoulders went first to make sure he had the most amount of time to repair there. The band is going back into studio mid-March. There will be an update on more later today or tomorrow if I can finish off what I’m writing up.
  9. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

Thanks for the update man. That's all great to hear. I'm surprised he can recover from surgery of that magnitude in such a short time frame actually - I was expecting he would need most of 2024 to recover before he was confident to pick up his sticks again. So I hope you're right. Bono said they had dozens of songs composed already so if they can bang out an album this year, it would be amazing. I was thinking they would take most of 2024-2025 to finish it and then maybe release it in time for Winter 2025 or Spring 2026. But this sounds much more hopeful.
  10. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

Are you going to give an update today?
  11. I didn't realize he was having anything done outside of his back... Can't imagine how difficult that recovery must be.