2024-02-18 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 1
  1. Thanks for taping! I was there too (and rolled)...
  2. He's been getting a lot of stick on social media of late for apparently not speaking up and in worst cases being accused of backing the deaths of those in the Gaza campaign. People moan when he mixes politics with music yet then he gets pilloried for the opposite. Funny how those putting the boot in are not clambering for the thoughts of lots of other high profile musicians gigging right now.
  3. Is it known where Bram's mustache came from? Did he just have it beforehand, or did it somehow make its way from GA to him?

4. Was there and yep. Went with people not familiar with GA at a U2 show and they were like wtf. It was embarrassing ideed. I kept trying to explain it away but it was hard. Plus people just nasty, accusatory, acting as if I was trying to take their spot when all I did was accidentally step over 12 inches or so. I love the GA experience but Sunday was next evel to the point where I may opt for seats next time.

Show wise. It was incredible as always. Band was on point. Top 5 show of all time for me. Still can't figure out if I'm putting this up there with Zoo TV yet. But damn it's close
  5. I noticed it on Sunday. Very Selleckian.
  6. Originally posted by Turkued:[..]
    As somebody who was there at 4:30 am I take issues with the wankers who show up later, take numbers, then decide they don’t like their relatively high numbers so trash the system, wipe the numbers off their hands, and do whatever the hell they want. I’m not good at holding beer. Shame if I spill some of it tonight. I’m ambivalent about the system, what I’m not ambivalent about are dickwards showing up and cutting in front of people who are already physically present in line. If they were there at 3 am then I understand their perspective, and may share it. That’s not what happened today. This was pure line cutting. I’m fine with a free for all run to be first in line at 8 am system, I’ll do well with that. Lotteries, cool. Physical camp out, fantastic. Assholes who cut in front of me while I’m physically there…fuck them. It’s not going to change my experience tonight, it’s the principle.

Agree completely. We were out there early too, also had wristbands, waited for hours etc. And yes people without wrist bands tried to cut up in front near us too once the show started. That’s terribly annoying and wrong. What I’m referring to were folks, closer to the rail, who literally yelled at me… because they thought I was taking their spot while there were at the bathroom or wherever they were…like i knew. I saw an empty space 12 inches over so I moved to free up room around me and heard about it. I, too, put in the hours of waiting and Definitely wasn’t trying to steal someone’s spot…So i happily went back and apologized; but a simple conversation would have sufficed.

Bottom line is the floor is just getting less laid back to the point where I may be opting for seats moving forward
  7. I read that atu2Sherry handed them out to people in the crowd as a tribute to Adam, and somehow Bram got a hold of one.
  8. Originally posted by zoostation17:[..]

Agree completely. We were out there early too, also had wristbands, waited for hours etc. And yes people without wrist bands tried to cut up in front near us too once the show started. That’s terribly annoying and wrong. What I’m referring to were folks, closer to the rail, who literally yelled at me… because they thought I was taking their spot while there were at the bathroom or wherever they were…like i knew. I saw an empty space 12 inches over so I moved to free up room around me and heard about it. I, too, put in the hours of waiting and Definitely wasn’t trying to steal someone’s spot…So i happily went back and apologized; but a simple conversation would have sufficed.

Bottom line is the floor is just getting less laid back to the point where I may be opting for seats moving forward
    In the GA line, I overheard a woman complaining that the list mafia pushed her back about 200 people, claiming that they were "together, as a group", when she was physically ahead of the bulk of the group.
  9. Maybe he's thinking about becoming a private investigator after the residency.
  10. I did GA back in December and even though we wanted to stand on the back rail and didn't do all the "name in a notebook" crap because we showed up at gate open, it was still annoying and people clamoring for space and line spots. It should be embarrassing to the tiny number of people that push others out with their methods, but it doesn't seem to be.

I love the handful of times I got front rail because it is a show like none other, but these people have convinced me to move to the seats. I know that is what they want, but to me it just isn't worth the headache and argument. I made lifelong friends in the GA line, but the bad apples ruin the bunch.