2023-11-03 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 4
  1. Lovely performance of SBS.
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy:Bono 100% derailed Seconds. I think he was attempting to usher Edge back in to continue but it also looks like he was asking him to wind it up. A shame but what a blast to see it on a setlist.
    Am I the only one not getting a great sense of this? It looks like an awesome performance, relatively spur of the moment as far as U2 goes anymore. Thrilled to see it pop up.

3. Originally posted by MattG:[..]
    Am I the only one not getting a great sense of this? It looks like an awesome performance, relatively spur of the moment as far as U2 goes anymore. Thrilled to see it pop up.
    It’s not much of a critique but Bono got caught up in that bit of crowd play and couldn’t hand it back to Edge. As hoserama mentions, it went differently at soundcheck. Bono actively gestures for Edge to carry on but he just lost his way.

I’m not complaining in any way. I’m all for impromptu.
  4. Seconds??? wow, hopefully they keep playing other songs popping up in that slot every night
  5. Originally posted by johnthedude:I had fully expected the Edge to use his signature guitar on Seconds!!!!, the similar guitar he uses during Tryin' To Throw Your Arms!!!!.

I'm fairly certain it is a Washburn. 'Support Local Music'. It seems he was playing it kn Trying at the Sphere.
  6. Wow, you are all so lucky. This is truly one of the last holy grails!
  7. Originally posted by hoserama:Fun show. But I do strongly feel that the 11/1/2023 Weds show was significantly better, even if the War songs were a blast to hear. Seconds was cut short due to miscue by Bono. Hoping they do another soundcheck to polish it up and give it justice tomorrow. Sunday Bloody Sunday went over with the crowd really well, much better than Love Rescue Me. Bono slipped back into his book tour mode and basically gave the same intro he did back in May.

This was show #6 for me. 11/1/2023 was the best show, this was #2 in quality.

Yeah they do need to try it one more time before the break! Are you fortunate enough for show #7 tonight? What is it about a 2 hour drive for you to Vegas?
  8. Originally posted by fastcars:[..]

Yeah they do need to try it one more time before the break! Are you fortunate enough for show #7 tonight? What is it about a 2 hour drive for you to Vegas?
    Yep I'm here for tonight. 10 hour drive...so I'll fly instead.
  9. Good call! Here’s to an even better show tonight!