1. Wow, I just watched some of the performances they've done on american TV shows, the singer Reeve Carney is pretty shit if you ask me. BFFTS for example, the GMA version was pretty crap, the U2 version live from Coimbra however

2. I guess they will be singing, I think they are also singing on some on the album tracks cause Lillywhite is giving hints to it all the time
  3. So, the track was released as a single. Here is the clip and lyrics:

And you say rise above.
    Open your eyes up.
    And you say rise above.
    I can´t, I can´t...

How long will it take
    Before these feelings go away?
    How much longer do I wait?
    There aren´t any real answers, anyway.
    Silence in a crowded room,
    Louder than the loudest tune.
    I hang on everywhere!

And you say rise above.
    Open your eyes up.
    And you say rise above.
    I can´t, I can´t...

I miss you in everything,
    I was too fast travelling to take you in.
    I know silence is no crime,
    I just whish I could hear you fill it up one more time.
    Yes I know what you say to me,
    Exactly what you say to me,
    But I still hang on everywhere!

And you say rise above.
    Open your eyes up.
    And you say rise above.
    I can´t, I can´t...

In a time of treason
    Is there time for trust?
    When there´s no them,
    There´s only us.
    When it is time for reason
    Has your heart had enough?
    Is there time to let go
    And rise above?

And you say rise above.
    Open your eyes to love.
    And you say rise above.
    I can´t, I can´t...
  4. Bono's voice sounds really cool here... me thinks.
  5. Nice lyrics in my opinion
  6. really liking the sound of it, lyrics are good, just wish Bono and edge were putting all this energy into U2 instead of some musical. I think the lyric Bono sings b4 the chorus is "i hang on every word"
  7. On American Idol Reeve sounded better than Bono did..

As for Edge and Bono apparently needing to spend more time on U2, what do people who re saying that mean exactly? It's not like they're missing U2 shows for it, and they're still performing very well these days. If you're talking U2 material, when has U2 ever been working this much on new material mid-tour? (besides Zooropa) Either way, how do we know how much time they spend on Spider-Man and on U2? I think it's a little silly to accuse Bono and Edge of spending too much time on Spider-Man. I respect them for wanting to branch out as artists, and if they're able to do that while still putting on the biggest and most successful tour of all time, well than how can anybody not respect that?

I'll only start to feel a little annoyed if Bono and Edge are either still working on Spider-Man in 2 years time, or off doing something else other than U2. I know a lot of people were expecting a new album around this time, and are now expecting one soon after the tour finishes, but honestly how realistic is that? I'd consider it lucky if we got a new album by the end of NEXT year. U2 hasn't made albums that fast since the 80's, so I don't think anyone should be losing their nerve just yet about Bono and Edge spending too much time on Spider-Man. If you think about it, nothing has really changed (as far as we can tell) over at the U2 camp in the midst of all this. Who knows, maybe Edge and Bono's experimenting with other musical territory was what pushed them to try out songs like Zooropa. Either way, this tour kicks ass, I'm enjoying it, I wish I could see Spider-Man, and I'll be anticipating the next U2 album(s) whenver it/they might arrive.
  8. I like it except for the drums
  9. love thissss. as soon as U2 get back to the states work gets done <3 Im excited for the release of the CD. Preordering that shiz of amazon asap
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:On American Idol Reeve sounded better than Bono did..

As for Edge and Bono apparently needing to spend more time on U2, what do people who re saying that mean exactly? It's not like they're missing U2 shows for it, and they're still performing very well these days. If you're talking U2 material, when has U2 ever been working this much on new material mid-tour? (besides Zooropa) Either way, how do we know how much time they spend on Spider-Man and on U2? I think it's a little silly to accuse Bono and Edge of spending too much time on Spider-Man. I respect them for wanting to branch out as artists, and if they're able to do that while still putting on the biggest and most successful tour of all time, well than how can anybody not respect that?

I'll only start to feel a little annoyed if Bono and Edge are either still working on Spider-Man in 2 years time, or off doing something else other than U2. I know a lot of people were expecting a new album around this time, and are now expecting one soon after the tour finishes, but honestly how realistic is that? I'd consider it lucky if we got a new album by the end of NEXT year. U2 hasn't made albums that fast since the 80's, so I don't think anyone should be losing their nerve just yet about Bono and Edge spending too much time on Spider-Man. If you think about it, nothing has really changed (as far as we can tell) over at the U2 camp in the midst of all this. Who knows, maybe Edge and Bono's experimenting with other musical territory was what pushed them to try out songs like Zooropa. Either way, this tour kicks ass, I'm enjoying it, I wish I could see Spider-Man, and I'll be anticipating the next U2 album(s) whenver it/they might arrive.

i just think that any gems that come out of spider man in terms of songs, they arent gona be U2 songs, they will be spidey songs(or as Larry said "Bono and Edge" songs). and the melodies/lyrics/riffs etc coulda been going into new U2 material that would have represented the whole band.
  11. I think the performance was awesome!
  12. Originally posted by Andrew_C:[..]

i just think that any gems that come out of spider man in terms of songs, they arent gona be U2 songs, they will be spidey songs(or as Larry said "Bono and Edge" songs). and the melodies/lyrics/riffs etc coulda been going into new U2 material that would have represented the whole band.

that's a pretty narrow way of looking at it I think. It's like saying the musical "doesn't deserve" these songs. U2 are artists, they should be able to knock out a lot of songs that are good for both projects. It being a "Bono and Edge" song doesn't mean it's a worse song instantly.