2023-09-30 - Las Vegas
Tour: U2:UV Achtung Baby at the Sphere
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 4
  1. I'm wondering the same, both nights he has substituted the "a little death" bridge for some French verses. If someone speaks French and can make out what he's saying it would be much appreciated
  2. I'm not sure :
    "La petite mort
    Sur (?) le coeur
    Et moi (?), ton serviteur..."

Corrigez moi si je me trompe
  3. La petite mort in French means orgasm, doesn't it?
  4. hi guys, i think this is it :
    "la petite mort du coeur, et moi , ton serviteur" = The Little Death of the Heart, and me, your servant " I am french speaker, but I do not really understand what he means :-)
  5. Originally posted by crazy333:hi guys, i think this is it :
    "la petite mort du coeur, et moi , ton serviteur" = The Little Death of the Heart, and me, your servant " I am french speaker, but I do not really understand what he means :-)
    Well, in LIB he's metaphorically speaking of a terrorist that plants a car bomb, isn't he? Bono was having dinner close to the Nice promenade where the deadly truck ramming & subsequent gunfire took place in 2016, and previously the band were also in Paris during the Bataclan attacks in Nov 2015. I would suppose he's metaphorically linking terror attacks with France by using French during these two verses. It's been reported that some terrorists feel something that closely ressembles sexual pleasure (orgasm, petite mort) when performing their attacks, so it kinda makes sense.

Either that or I've completely lost the plot. Ha.
  6. Was there also a drone filming for night 2? Or only for night 1?
  7. How is that full show at hour and 46 minutes?