2017-11-11 - London
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 9
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 3
  1. Does anyone know if there is a link to watch full show? Can't find complete on youtube...
  2. Really enjoyed the Brand New Radicals - You Only Get What You Give , penultimate intro song
  3. Why does the official video of that GOOYOW performance sound so low and bad ? It's still quiet with my speakers at maximum and the mix sounds worse than amateur footage, Edge's sound is way too low during the chorus...

The amateur footage of the performance and the rehearsals before sounds insanely better with that guitar sound so present during the chorus !
  4. Yeah that was great, the band, or someone in the band, clearly likes the New Radicals, they also played 'Mother We Just Can't Get Enough' as the PA intro song before the Influx remix of 'Elevation' in early 2001. A top tune indeed. It's a pity they were so shortlived.
  5. Edge was actually quoted once as saying he wished he had written "Get What You Give".

Also wondering this.
  6. It wasn't broadcast in full. Only 1 song, GOOYOW.
  7. Yeah but even that isn't available to many of us I can't even watch their acceptance speech or whatever.
  8. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    Yeah that was great, the band, or someone in the band, clearly likes the New Radicals, they also played 'Mother We Just Can't Get Enough' as the PA intro song before the Influx remix of 'Elevation' in early 2001. A top tune indeed. It's a pity they were so shortlived.
    Think the guy now writes lots of material for others . Clearly very talented
  9. Originally posted by Sev00:Why does the official video of that GOOYOW performance sound so low and bad ? It's still quiet with my speakers at maximum and the mix sounds worse than amateur footage, Edge's sound is way too low during the chorus...

The amateur footage of the performance and the rehearsals before sounds insanely better with that guitar sound so present during the chorus !
    Just watched this ... I thought the studio version sucks with this mtv audio mix live it’s is even worse... still can’t believe they played Beautiful Day and this and the same short show, can’t they hear its sounds like cheap self cover

Thank God for the Blackout video which brings some hope
  10. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    greatest band on earth with shitty setlists
    they are no Foo Fighters, Perl Jam, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, ect, at mixing it up, they unfortunately stick to the same old formula ,NOT anymore do we go "wow i cant believe i'm hearing this song. They have such a great back catalogue of songs i cant believe have not been played or rarely played. Songs like Heartland, Stranger In A Strange Land, White As Snow, MOS needs to be played again, Peace On Earth, Kite, A Man And A Woman, Cedars Of Labanon ect..The point is they never take risk anymore besides playing TJT tour...There's articles saying that the tour was a contract obligation but who knows, You would think U2 would have the power to say no, they seemed stale this Tour at times i'm sorry to say. Maybe the thing Bono had going on last year has taken it's toll, Such a big stage and i wasn't there but from all the footage iv'e seen they seemed like they couldn't use that production like they once could on 360. Do you remember like 5 years ago on the last 360 leg he was running around like never before...now 5 years later he can't play guitar and run around ..i guess age, but its a big difference is just 5 years.

This is a very personal and touchy subject for me, but I compare artists all the time, and as a devoted, and self proclaimed Prince expert, and probably a near U2 expert...it is fun and also disturbing for me to compare them. Since Prince passed, it is difficult for me to be negative about his past. He was the most powerful live performer at any given moment, but sadly, his consistency was lacking.

Prince would do medleys and take shortcuts, using backing tapes, and go through the motions. He also would sometimes play unbelievable deep cuts that made me really wish U2 took advice from him sometimes. But only around 50% of his shows had at least 15 full length songs played like he was passionate about the songs. U2 have always played full length versions of their songs(save for a few cut verses here and there), and have always been passionate about the music.

Thinking of their career, sure, the passion was greater at a young age, but considering the magnitude of popularity they have, they have been the greatest live act ever, in my opinion. I don't think they have even ten percent of Prince's talent as a whole, but did a better job presenting their material than Prince ever could. Sure, it stinks they have never played Heartland, Acrobat, and have retired a number of great songs...and for old schoolers, teasing with "Drowning Man" and settling for "Scarlet" was a bit of a let down. But U2 have been the best live act....period.