1. I don't know what they (LN, Guy O) were thinking, 3 shows in 4 years is just too much, even for U2. Doing the 3rd US leg in particular was a mistake IMO as it was just too soon to finish and start again, even if all cities are not the same.
  2. Originally posted by jennagirl:I don't know what they (LN, Guy O) were thinking, 3 shows in 4 years is just too much, even for U2. Doing the 3rd US leg in particular was a mistake IMO as it was just too soon to finish and start again, even if all cities are not the same.
    I don’t think it is too much, I think on this occasion it’s mainly the price of tickets causing the problem. There’s no doubt in my mind if they priced the tickets the same as I&E tour they would sell out, over $300 for a large chunk of the tickets is just pushing there luck. They’re really limiting the amount of people that can afford to go whether they want to or not.
  3. Whoa, this pricing is nuts.
    I just looked at my email from Ticketmaster for tix for IE at MSG in 2015.
    We paid $236.70 all in, tix + fees, for two tickets.

Tickets for this tour in MSG same section, same row, are $331. EACH, before fees!

Just absurd. really glad I was able to get GA in Experience pre-sale.
  4. Originally posted by jennagirl:I don't know what they (LN, Guy O) were thinking, 3 shows in 4 years is just too much, even for U2. Doing the 3rd US leg in particular was a mistake IMO as it was just too soon to finish and start again, even if all cities are not the same.
    If anything, they should have come to North America last for upcoming tour.
  5. Originally posted by pontneuf:Whoa, this pricing is nuts.
    I just looked at my email from Ticketmaster for tix for IE at MSG in 2015.
    We paid $236.70 all in, tix + fees, for two tickets.

Tickets for this tour in MSG same section, same row, are $331. EACH, before fees!

Just absurd. really glad I was able to get GA in Experience pre-sale.
    Wow. Can I ask which row and section? I’d like to post this comparison on social media.
  6. Do you think this is a deliberate tactic to stop the scalpers. If the good seats are $300+ and not selling out scalpers can’t possibly sell tickets close to that value and would have to keep the lower priced seating tickets closer to face value. I’m not saying it’s a strategy I agree with but I remember reading an article where someone was saying artists aren’t charging enough, I can’t help but feel this is the reasoning behind all this.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:Do you think this is a deliberate tactic to stop the scalpers. If the good seats are $300+ and not selling out scalpers can’t possibly sell tickets close to that value and would have to keep the lower priced seating tickets closer to face value. I’m not saying it’s a strategy I agree with but I remember reading an article where someone was saying artists aren’t charging enough, I can’t help but feel this is the reasoning behind all this.
    Someone just posted on Twitter that its something that happens more with LiveNation shows.

8. I can confirm for Depeche Mode. Their prices for a single Ga ticket where insane. And they aslo have that fucking hoorible pay more - get early entry system since the last two tours. (Delta Machine and Spirit)

I love Depeche Mode but their prices and the way they treat their fansbase re: The rich have more privilege is even WORSE with them. Guy Oseary is a very nice man compared to Marek Lieberberg and Jonathan Kessler.

9. Here is screen cap of the email for 2015 show.