1. What the heck is going on..
    First it was lights of home... Now that..
  2. yeah well they did this also back in 2009 with cedars of lebanon, originally it is a brian eno song..
  3. It's not the same thing..

Cedars of Lebanon just has some notes of Eno's "against the sky"

Summer of love sounds almost identical to the One Republic song
  4. Seems they bought the song from One Republic. Riff, guitar tone and melody. All there in that clip.

5. Not sure what to make of this...

I mean I guess it might’ve been as simple a conversation as

“Hey we had this Riff but nothing ever came of it. Why not try writing a song using it?”

But shouldn’t Edge have come in and said “we can’t use that, we didn’t even write it...”
  6. This makes me incredibly sad. Now I’ll have a feeling of doubt with every piece of music on this album...what did they actually write?

Fuck. Not impressed.
  7. Video is from last year. Who knows if it isn't just a clip of One Republic having received a U2 jam/demo from Ryan Tedder just to jam over it themselves ? Maybe U2 originally decided to throw the song away. Maybe U2 bought it. We know nothing here.
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:This makes me incredibly sad. Now I’ll have a feeling of doubt with every piece of music on this album...what did they actually write?

Fuck. Not impressed.
    +1
  9. This happens all the time with producers working with artists. Flood would come up with drum parts and lay down parts for band during Achtung Baby to set up songs and inspiration.
    Daniel L. came up with melodies and chord progressions. That’s their job description.
    Artist get given complete songs all the time and record them.
    It’s nothng to be embarrassed by.
  10. Lights of Home is an offcially credited sample, for a completly different song, nothing wrong there.
  11. u2 and Tedder worked togther for the last couple if years. May be it was an idea for a song u2 wrote with Tedder,
    couldnt make a song out of it, throwed it away, Tedder along with his one republic mates tried to make a song out of it, didn't work either and after some time the idea devoloped into an actual song suring the SOE sessions.