1. Originally posted by LikeASong:I was recording a full-on, 2 guitars & darbouka & acoustic bass cover but then I stumbled upon some videos of the Aleppo gardener and decided to go minimalistic instead.

I hope you like it.

[YouTube Video]
    great video mate! It got me thinking if U2 made a video clip with this song about Aleppo, i think it would be great success and bring more emotion to the song.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:I was recording a full-on, 2 guitars & darbouka & acoustic bass cover but then I stumbled upon some videos of the Aleppo gardener and decided to go minimalistic instead.

I hope you like it.

[YouTube Video]
    great cover man
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:I was recording a full-on, 2 guitars & darbouka & acoustic bass cover but then I stumbled upon some videos of the Aleppo gardener and decided to go minimalistic instead.

I hope you like it.

[YouTube Video]

Great cover!!!
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:I was recording a full-on, 2 guitars & darbouka & acoustic bass cover but then I stumbled upon some videos of the Aleppo gardener and decided to go minimalistic instead.

I hope you like it.

[YouTube Video]
    Awesome cover and absolutely love your custom tele. It’s gorgeous
  5. Thank you Nick! It's currently my favourite guitar out of the 8 I own as of today. The humbucker in the neck position (instead of the usual bridge) sounds darn incredible. And this neck, man it plays better than any other guitar I've ever played (and I've played many 4-figure ones). Also it looks killer in general ♥

Thanks everyone (Michael, Andrew, Caderz, Ben), for the kind words. All merits go to four Irish guys though, the rest of us mortals just give the songs shelter for a couple of minutes and then let them go again

Regarding the White As Snow snippet, well they're both in the same key (E minor) and both share a bit of their theme and feeling in my opinion. Syria ain't Afghanistan, I know, but the similarity is there. So I just couldn't avoid it.

PS. Andrew, I will do a quick tab for you and post it in the guitar thread, just in case you want to give Summer Of Love a shot ).
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:I was recording a full-on, 2 guitars & darbouka & acoustic bass cover but then I stumbled upon some videos of the Aleppo gardener and decided to go minimalistic instead.

I hope you like it.

[YouTube Video]
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

PS. Andrew, I will do a quick tab for you and post it in the guitar thread, just in case you want to give Summer Of Love a shot ).

awesome, thanks. looking forward to it
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:I was recording a full-on, 2 guitars & darbouka & acoustic bass cover but then I stumbled upon some videos of the Aleppo gardener and decided to go minimalistic instead.

I hope you like it.

[YouTube Video]

White As Snow snippet is a stroke of brilliance. Your cover sounds brilliant, man. That's excellent.
  9. I can't help but move when I listen to Summer of Love! I also noticed that this song achieves this with virtually no drums...some shakers, bit of snare maybe...Amazing!
  10. Right, not sure if anyone has already posted this, but the guitar riff reminds me of Prayer in C by Robin Schulz, one of the wife's favourite dance tunes.

It's been bugging me since about 1.30am on Friday morning!
  11. Originally posted by nickbibby:Right, not sure if anyone has already posted this, but the guitar riff reminds me of Prayer in C by Robin Schulz, one of the wife's favourite dance tunes.

It's been bugging me since about 1.30am on Friday morning!
    yeah that's what i thought too