1. Originally posted by LikeASong:This song is heart-wrenching.

And it's masterfully crafted. That contrast between lyrics, theme and music. How can such a bright sounding song be so sad at the same time?

[image]
    ^^
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:This song is heart-wrenching.

And it's masterfully crafted. That contrast between lyrics, theme and music. How can such a bright sounding song be so sad at the same time?

[image]
  3. Current status: Addicted to Summer Of Love. Recording a cover of Summer Of Love. Shivering with Summer Of Love.
  4. More anecdotes: my wife doesn't even like One or The Fly, but she heard SOL just once and she said she had that song stuck in her head all day and it's the best of SOE (which she likes a lot).
    So I'm convinced this could've been a (modest) hit in the radio.
  5. Nice!
  6. Has there ever been better percussion exhibited in a u2 track? An underappreciated part of a performance.
  7. Really starting to like this one and BOYH. Great tracks.
    Spoiler (click to toggle)
    But I'm also liking AS more
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:This song is heart-wrenching.

[image]

Fuck
  9. this song gets better and better, so fkn cool.
  10. The guitar hook has been almost nonstop on my mind for the past 4 days... Only to be merged with Red Flag Day's guitar hook. They merge so well together. SOL is sweet and bitter at the same time - sounds so happy yet so sad. Genius song writing and music arrangement.