1. Originally posted by TheRefugee:U2 have form in this regard going way back to "40". Also the SBS signature drum beat was used in Please on Pop. All perfectly valid. It's art after all.
    I think it's unfair to describe Volcano as the worst part of SoI. That prize goes to The Miracle in my book. As for Glastonbury, had they played that at the festival of the same name, they would have been slaughtered. So glad they trashed it and harvested the best parts for other songs. Also, a very typical way of working for U2. I'm surprised people are taking such issue with that too.
    Glastonbury was rubbish, tacky
  2. Originally posted by jasvan:[..]
    I wish everybody would stop saying it’s Volcano. It’s Glastonbury chorus they ripped not Volcano. It’s Volcano’s bridge which is about 25 sec of the song.
    American Soul is far better then both of them.
    It’s like being mad they stole parts of Spining Head to make The Fly.
    When you listen to the 2 tracks ( Own Way - American Soul) together it’s very nice
    agree with first part, but disagree with AS is better than Glastonbury
    I loved Glastonbury...
  3. Originally posted by jasvan:[..]
    I wish everybody would stop saying it’s Volcano. It’s Glastonbury chorus they ripped not Volcano. It’s Volcano’s bridge which is about 25 sec of the song.
    American Soul is far better then both of them.
    It’s like being mad they stole parts of Spining Head to make The Fly.
    When you listen to the 2 tracks ( Own Way - American Soul) together it’s very nice
    Sorry, but this is not Lady With The Spinning Head again. The latter was a demo that was reused, which is fine, the fans (except those that heard the Hansa tapes, but that wasn't the intention of the band) never heard it. We're talking here about a song officially released that was shamelessly reused.
  4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    Sorry, but this is not Lady With The Spinning Head again. The latter was a demo that was reused, which is fine, the fans (except those that heard the Hansa tapes, but that wasn't the intention of the band) never heard it. We're talking here about a song officially released that was shamelessly reused.
    25 sec re used. But you know I bet there is a theme and a reason. Why don’t we wait to hear what band says once Song is out and they know everyone is listening to it.
    Arm chair Qb on why they re used this is a waste of time until we hear why.
    Some are acting like the band is trying to pull something over on us and we won’t notice? Come on!!
  5. Versus to GLastonbury were terrible. Didn’t fit chorus.
  6. Looks like American Soul is up on streaming services....... Its not great but I think it is better than Volcano, which was my least favourite moment on the IE tour
  7. It's on spotify now we can listen to it in order of GOOYOW and American Soull
  8. Sounds good to me. It kinda improves GOOYOW by following it with the Kendrick segue.
  9. I absolutely hate the Kendrick segues. Terrible. I'd like American Soul a lot more if they would nix the intro.
  10. It seems U2's fanbase is just too broad a church for any kind of consensus of opinion among fans. The range of differing opinions on these tracks is amazing.
  11. It's being played on Dutch radio now.
  12. You can be glad to hear that on radio. In my country I haven't heard any new song on Croatian radio, not The best thing, not gooyow..they play just 3-4 U2 classic hits and that's it...radio's just sucks, all the time the same music...I think they play like 1% music from all music history