Favourite version of The Best Thing?
    -Single
    -Sci Fi
    -Kygo
    -Live
  2. - Change of Heart
    - Experience
    - Ultra Super Non Plus Ultra Mix
  3. That mix has cool ideas but it's too harsh at parts. Sounds like someone just put all three together.
  4. In the previous page of this thread.

Change of Heart sounds a bit weird imho. I'll go with Experience.
  5. The "Change of Heart Mix" (which I realize is very likely fan-made) and the remix have both made me realize something, and it's that I hate Edge's guitar part in the chorus of both the single and sci-fi mixes. That jangley delay thing that Edge is famous for, to me just doesn't work for this song. I wish he had kept/changed it to the "bridge" guitar part that plays in the chorus of the remix version. That funky sort of chug guitar riff. It has more "oomph" to it.
  6. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:The "Change of Heart Mix" (which I realize is very likely fan-made) and the remix have both made me realize something, and it's that I hate Edge's guitar part in the chorus of both the single and sci-fi mixes. That jangley delay thing that Edge is famous for, to me just doesn't work for this song. I wish he had kept/changed it to the "bridge" guitar part that plays in the chorus of the remix version. That funky sort of chug guitar riff. It has more "oomph" to it.
    It's also the same (I mean the very same) guitar part as the Song For Someone chorus. Very lazy
  7. This is excellent news - from the RS interview:

Edge: You probably noticed that the version of "You're the Best Thing About Me" that we released is quite different than the one we are playing live, and the final mix is like six weeks away.

Kinda confirms that the crappy single mix is not the version that will go into the album.