2017-06-28 - East Rutherford
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 1
  1. Originally posted by pontneuf:Man, I really hope they play Bad tonight.
    Good friend of mine has never seen them play it, and is going tonight.
    He has awful luck with Bad.
    Saw them in DC in 2001 on second night.
    Bad was played the first night.
    Saw them in NYC in 2015 on first night, Bad was played the second night.
    Hope he doesn't miss it by one day again.
    I'd say his odds are decent. With U2, you'll never know. They might shock us all and play Bad and ASOH. Not holding my breath, but it's always possible. My buddy that went last night is going again tonight... he swears NY always get superior treatment and special treats. Didn't see it so much last night (except for great Bowie snippets) So, maybe tonight's the night!

Now that I'm thinking about, it seems so bizarre they are ending the leg in Cleveland and not here... I think any big surprises will be left for there...

2. Pics from last night are being uploaded on the show page. All unedited (no time to edit with another show tonight.)

Enjoy.
  3. These 2 shows are a good indication of what we'll get next weekend in Twickenham... I would think ASOH would have been night 1 out of the 2 nights if it was to make an appearance. Think tonight will be the same but replace Little Things with I Will Follow.
  4. Originally posted by zooropa93:These 2 shows are a good indication of what we'll get next weekend in Twickenham... I would think ASOH would have been night 1 out of the 2 nights if it was to make an appearance. Think tonight will be the same but replace Little Things with I Will Follow.
    That's about what I'm thinking...

5. This might be my pic of the night.
  6. If they're going to play ASOH, it would make more sense to play it on Night 1.
  7. Ok so I just want to say I've seen this band over 25 times. Ive been a fan since I was 6 and I first saw R&H. This is my opinion so I won't defend my feelings to the u2 police on here but this was easily my least favorite u2 show. Amazing start but the second half of JT really drags especially in a stadium. Exit was the only song that made a strong case for a welcome return in future sets. RHMT sounded weird to me. MS was absolutely dreadful imo. And as much as BD, Elevation and Vertigo rocked the house, it just felt stale. I don't know how it happened but Elevation has become one of their most energetic live songs. It brought the house down. I must admit I absolutely hate stadium shows. It just brings out the worst in people especially leaving a parking lot. I'm also getting too old for ga. Not physically but mentally. Everyone around me had 2 beers in their hands and seemed more into getting drunk than dancing and enjoying the show. My patience for people is fading fast haha. Bono and the band sounded great and Bad is just breathtaking. It's just such a killer live song and should be in every set going forward until the end. I really feel this would have worked a lot better in an arena setting with a free flowing encore. I get the story / theme of the main set but the encore should have a free feeling, sort of like the bstage was during I&E. this show made me appreciate I&E even more as I swear it was their best tour since zoo tv. Glad I went but admittedly I'll be sacrificing my tickets and skipping tonight. They are GA so unfortunately they will be wasted, which I feel terrible about. Not because of the money but because it's a waste of a ticket. I'd recommend this tour to anyone but for me compared to everything else it just felt sub par.
  8. Yes Please

and Mysterious Ways in place of Ultraviolet..........
    Please Not
  9. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:Ok so I just want to say I've seen this band over 25 times. Ive been a fan since I was 6 and I first saw R&H. This is my opinion so I won't defend my feelings to the u2 police on here but this was easily my least favorite u2 show. Amazing start but the second half of JT really drags especially in a stadium. Exit was the only song that made a strong case for a welcome return in future sets. RHMT sounded weird to me. MS was absolutely dreadful imo. And as much as BD, Elevation and Vertigo rocked the house, it just felt stale. I don't know how it happened but Elevation has become one of their most energetic live songs. It brought the house down. I must admit I absolutely hate stadium shows. It just brings out the worst in people especially leaving a parking lot. I'm also getting too old for ga. Not physically but mentally. Everyone around me had 2 beers in their hands and seemed more into getting drunk than dancing and enjoying the show. My patience for people is fading fast haha. Bono and the band sounded great and Bad is just breathtaking. It's just such a killer live song and should be in every set going forward until the end. I really feel this would have worked a lot better in an arena setting with a free flowing encore. I get the story / theme of the main set but the encore should have a free feeling, sort of like the bstage was during I&E. this show made me appreciate I&E even more as I swear it was their best tour since zoo tv. Glad I went but admittedly I'll be sacrificing my tickets and skipping tonight. They are GA so unfortunately they will be wasted, which I feel terrible about. Not because of the money but because it's a waste of a ticket. I'd recommend this tour to anyone but for me compared to everything else it just felt sub par.
    Dang!

I'll say this. I went to see JT in full, and everything else was bonus, so I didn't really care how it flowed as a regular concert or whatever. JT was performed pretty damn well IMO, and that's what mattered most to me.

I think it's hard to compare it to a show like I&E because it's just a different kind of show. Agreed that many of those songs just feel stale, and I actually hate that Elevation is such a crowd please because it's one of my least favourite U2 songs. I thought Miss Sarajevo was okay, but I felt stupid when I told my brother excitedly "Bono sings opera in this song, wait for it" - and then..nope. I did enjoy Edge's guitar tone, but that's pretty much all I'd say for it. Great fucking song either way though.
  10. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:Ok so I just want to say I've seen this band over 25 times. Ive been a fan since I was 6 and I first saw R&H. This is my opinion so I won't defend my feelings to the u2 police on here but this was easily my least favorite u2 show. Amazing start but the second half of JT really drags especially in a stadium. Exit was the only song that made a strong case for a welcome return in future sets. RHMT sounded weird to me. MS was absolutely dreadful imo. And as much as BD, Elevation and Vertigo rocked the house, it just felt stale. I don't know how it happened but Elevation has become one of their most energetic live songs. It brought the house down. I must admit I absolutely hate stadium shows. It just brings out the worst in people especially leaving a parking lot. I'm also getting too old for ga. Not physically but mentally. Everyone around me had 2 beers in their hands and seemed more into getting drunk than dancing and enjoying the show. My patience for people is fading fast haha. Bono and the band sounded great and Bad is just breathtaking. It's just such a killer live song and should be in every set going forward until the end. I really feel this would have worked a lot better in an arena setting with a free flowing encore. I get the story / theme of the main set but the encore should have a free feeling, sort of like the bstage was during I&E. this show made me appreciate I&E even more as I swear it was their best tour since zoo tv. Glad I went but admittedly I'll be sacrificing my tickets and skipping tonight. They are GA so unfortunately they will be wasted, which I feel terrible about. Not because of the money but because it's a waste of a ticket. I'd recommend this tour to anyone but for me compared to everything else it just felt sub par.
    Fair enough. But you said "Bono and the band sounded great..." isn't that all that really matters, especially with a show like this that in no way is trying to compare with the more theatrical elements and narrative of the I&E Tour?

You've got two GA for tonight again that you already spent money for...perhaps just try a different spot on the field not so close to the drunks?

Sorry, it's obviously your opinion and decision - I just can't imagine skipping a U2 show that I already bought tickets for! Maybe I just enjoyed my Chicago show too much and am looking forward to Cleveland on Saturday again!
  11. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:Ok so I just want to say I've seen this band over 25 times. Ive been a fan since I was 6 and I first saw R&H. This is my opinion so I won't defend my feelings to the u2 police on here but this was easily my least favorite u2 show. Amazing start but the second half of JT really drags especially in a stadium. Exit was the only song that made a strong case for a welcome return in future sets. RHMT sounded weird to me. MS was absolutely dreadful imo. And as much as BD, Elevation and Vertigo rocked the house, it just felt stale. I don't know how it happened but Elevation has become one of their most energetic live songs. It brought the house down. I must admit I absolutely hate stadium shows. It just brings out the worst in people especially leaving a parking lot. I'm also getting too old for ga. Not physically but mentally. Everyone around me had 2 beers in their hands and seemed more into getting drunk than dancing and enjoying the show. My patience for people is fading fast haha. Bono and the band sounded great and Bad is just breathtaking. It's just such a killer live song and should be in every set going forward until the end. I really feel this would have worked a lot better in an arena setting with a free flowing encore. I get the story / theme of the main set but the encore should have a free feeling, sort of like the bstage was during I&E. this show made me appreciate I&E even more as I swear it was their best tour since zoo tv. Glad I went but admittedly I'll be sacrificing my tickets and skipping tonight. They are GA so unfortunately they will be wasted, which I feel terrible about. Not because of the money but because it's a waste of a ticket. I'd recommend this tour to anyone but for me compared to everything else it just felt sub par.
    Man. Sounds like you need to get outta NY! Get away from Snooky, Pauly D and the Guidices and your mental stress level will go down.

And you should definitely rethink tonight... Have a feeling it will be the better set.