2017-06-14 - Tampa
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 3
  1. Metallica always do that cool shit, they upload videos of backstage rehearsal, drum Cam, video montage. It's sweet
  2. Originally posted by MattG:Rolling Stones have done that for a few tours - posted 4 choices that you'd pretty much never hear "regularly" played, and then the fans got to vote for the whole 24 hours before the concert or whatever.

It was really cool, I'd love something like that at a U2 show
    I think this is something that u2 could realistically do and would definitely please a lot of fans. They should keep the results secret as well and then we all get a surprise at the show. Even if the song I chose didn't get picked the not knowing aspect would still make it worth it.
  3. wow this is a great discussion about having a 'surprise' song that is unique to each U2 show. Maybe we can discuss on U2.com (where the band and management may read and respond) and suggest that they have a vote for songs that we really would love to hear.....this would be so cool. Then every venue would have a surprise song....this would be really exciting...There are so many good songs that we never hear.
  4. U2 is not going to rehearse all their songs to play 1 random song per show. They are not gifted and lately, they are very lazy when it comes to hard work.
    They have to re- learn all the classics every tour, I'm sure they forgot how to play many deep cuts.
    So, I think this is a pipe dream.
  5. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:U2 is not going to rehearse all their songs to play 1 random song per show. They are not gifted and lately, they are very lazy when it comes to hard work.
    They have to re- learn all the classics every tour, I'm sure they forgot how to play many deep cuts.
    So, I think this is a pipe dream.
    They did play a good variety of songs on the last tour though. If you think about all the e stage songs even if they allowed us to pick amongst them. Don't think they'd let us pick just anything like so cruel or acrobat but if they'd played California instead of sweetest thing or two hearts beat as one instead of elevation at Glasgow 1 on I&E tour it would have been an improvement.
  6. I&E saw 50-odd different songs played across the whole tour, and each night rotated up to 4 slots. That'd be almost the whole encore rotating this tour.
  7. Keep on dreaming. The only surprise maybe for Europe is 40.
  8. U2 don't like being told what to do. Simply won't happen
  9. U2 would just give us the same old shite to vote for.

Next show:
    - Angel of Harlem
    - Sweetest Thing
    - Elevation
    - Desire

Vote now!

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    If you don't vote Desire, log yourself out.
  10. Don't forget

City of Blinding Lights
    Beautiful day
    Invisible
  11. I agree it's unlikely to happen certainly not on this tour but based on the number of songs played on previous tours it wouldn't be impossible. I think the problem isn't they don't play enough different songs on tours it's that they don't play certain ones enough, if they'd spread out rotation equally amongst all the e stage songs on I&E we wouldn't have as much to complain about but certain songs got dropped early and others only showed up sporadically.
  12. Remy are you doing dinner or are you going to be lined up for ga?