2017-05-12 - Vancouver
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 6
Videos: 1
  1. I wonder if the crew have to rehearse and practice construction & deconstruction of these setups before it goes out on the road? Or they just learn it on the job at each venue?
  2. Originally posted by Caledonia:I wonder if the crew have to rehearse and practice construction & deconstruction of these setups before it goes out on the road? Or they just learn it on the job at each venue?
    This thing will be constricted and tore down multiple times in this venue as practice. The crew will have the process nailed down from previous tours but they will still be rehearsing themselves with each new setup.
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    This thing will be constricted and tore down multiple times in this venue as practice. The crew will have the process nailed down from previous tours but they will still be rehearsing themselves with each new setup.
    I know the band always thanks their crew and each and every show but as an audience member it can be easy to forget how much hard work must go into putting on a show - or an entire tour! It really is an impressive undertaking.
  4. not yet off the finish stage photo
  5. If you go back about a month ago and look at that YouTube video of when they were answering questions about the upcoming Joshua Tree tour. Bono said that in rehearsals the song he's liking the most is running to stand still period so rehearsals have started way back.
  6. Originally posted by DavePoptart:If you go back about a month ago and look at that YouTube video of when they were answering questions about the upcoming Joshua Tree tour. Bono said that in rehearsals the song he's liking the most is running to stand still period so rehearsals have started way back.
    Of course, they wouldn't face a tour with just 2 weeks anticipation for the rehearsals. No way. Of course rehearsals started way back, probably even before the year turned (do you remember the Xmas video which was already Joshua-themed?)... What we are wondering is about the 12-15 songs that aren't Joshua Tree songs. That is the intriguing part of the rehearsals that we want to know about
  7. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    I know the band always thanks their crew and each and every show but as an audience member it can be easy to forget how much hard work must go into putting on a show - or an entire tour! It really is an impressive undertaking.
    I'm wondering if they'll have multiple sets for this, or just stick with one as it seems much more simplified than a typical colossal U2 undertaking...
  8. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I'm wondering if they'll have multiple sets for this, or just stick with one as it seems much more simplified than a typical colossal U2 undertaking...
    I take for granted a 95% similarity between shows since it's very few shows in scarce cities. As I see it, only cities with 2 nights will get some variation (if any)
  9. I think Greg means do they have multiple sets of stages like the 3 claws on 360 (?)
  10. Ah, you're probably right. I read "multiple sets" and I thought of the repertoire instead of the stage(s)

I don't think they have only one set, at least not for the bigger bulk of the stage.

The current tour itinerary has these only-1-day gaps:
    -between Houston and Dallas
    -between Tampa and Louisville
    -between Louisville and Philadelphia
    -between Philly and Washington
    -between Toronto and Boston
    -between New York and Cleveland
    -between Rome and Barcelona
    -between Amsterdam and Brussels

They're a lot of small gaps and some of them with considerable driving times between cities, so I'm inclined to think they must have at least 2 of the basic stage structures so they can start building in one city while diassembling at the previous venue. As with The Claw, more sensible parts like the screen probably are on their own without a replacement, but for the basic structure I'm pretty sure they'll have 2 or more.
  11. They had three stages on the go back in 1987. I guess they will have two or three standard structures and one set of all the electronics. Shortens the transfer from one city to another by only having to move screens and lighting etc. We shall find out soon enough.
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:Ah, you're probably right. I read "multiple sets" and I thought of the repertoire instead of the stage(s)

I don't think they have only one set, at least not for the bigger bulk of the stage.

The current tour itinerary has these only-1-day gaps:
    -between Houston and Dallas
    -between Tampa and Louisville
    -between Louisville and Philadelphia
    -between Philly and Washington
    -between Toronto and Boston
    -between New York and Cleveland
    -between Rome and Barcelona
    -between Amsterdam and Brussels

They're a lot of small gaps and some of them with considerable driving times between cities, so I'm inclined to think they must have at least 2 of the basic stage structures so they can start building in one city while diassembling at the previous venue. As with The Claw, more sensible parts like the screen probably are on their own without a replacement, but for the basic structure I'm pretty sure they'll have 2 or more.
    Yes, that is what I meant. Sorry about confusion. Wouldn't be surprised if the stage photos from Houston a few weeks back were stage 2.