1. Thanks for the information.

I removed everything in Japanese (English only) and the unnecessary track list information (both shows appear to be complete).

Please note that u2start is all about SHARING and not SELLING bootlegs.
  2. best thanks to everybody
  3. I am happy to announce an upgrade of JT2017 "Rome 2"

Taper Mariobrus asked me to help him out with mastering his Rome 2 recording which turned out to be heavily
    clipped (i.e. distorted high volume levels). But then the iZotope RX 5 "De-clip" worked miracles and after that
    I only did some post production in my good-ol' PristineSounds.

Due to the clipping problems, the recording is obviously not brilliant but certainly listenable.
    It has a lovely deep bass and good clarity despite still some distortion in the loudest parts.
    Audience noise, whistles & comments are sometimes quite near-by, but all in good Italian spirit...I guess!

I thought it be worth 3.5 stars

With kind permission of the taper, mp3's are now available at the 2017-07-16 Rome show page / audio tab.

Lossless flacs will follow asap!

Enjoy

Art by Mariobrus:

[cover photo by Paul White]
  4. As an italian i'll check later
    I was there the 1st night but i'm interested in this one too
    Thankssss
  5. You're welcome
  6. UPDATED with lossless flacs of the new 2017-07-16 Rome 2

PS: The flac file also contains two edits to allow for 2CD burning
  7. UPDATES from the ongoing & everlasting AchtungBootlegs" migration project - or how one thing led to another

While having a ball last Friday with the Zoo Radio Transmit, in my research I came across some reviews of the early ZOO TV Tour in Pimm's Collector Mania (issue 6, fall 1992 / winter 1993) and one anecdote caught my attention: somewhere during the 1992-04-10 Tempe AZ show, "Bono drop-kicked a cup of water, as Bono is wont to do, it sailed perfectly, barely spilling a drop...until it reached the mixing board where it spilled down into the control panels." (p.13)
    Eventually this results in the show being finished earlier as planned, leaving Desire and UV out of the set. I've scanned the entire "clipping" from the magazine and shared it below.

As indeed one thing led another, in my search of audio of that particular night I found AchtungBootlegs not even having this show listed (so it won't even turn up in our migration schedule: note to moderators ). The u2start database did however contain the bootleg U2 Returns To Tempe, which is some distant copy of the master (with unknown lineage) that seems to run at least a semi tone too fast. Now, I can't listen to those things without wanting to speed adjust (or "pitch correct") the recording first. But this on a side note because, lucky enough, u2torrents still has a much better transfer of this recording available. Not only does it seem to be taken from a copy much closer to the master, it also runs at a proper a speed and some fine remastering has been done. I'm not sure, however, if this was done by yauckt as the original info file seems to suggest, but for now I've given the credits to this person.

I think it is a wonderful gem - 4 star audience - because of it's very pleasant listening

Collector Mania 6 (1992/1993), p.13
  8. So that was Tempe '92, but, again as I said, one thing led to another and after Tempe Arizona came Los Angeles, California.

With a quite disappointing entry in the u2start database for the first night, I thought the least I could do was see what I had in
    my own collection. At least two different sources seem to be known, and possibly a third still in the famous JEMS archives
    (info by Mike, Jan. 4, 2007). Now here it starts to get a little confusing because the first source (taped by MH) may be known
    under the title Live From Los Angeles, while, according to AchtungBootlegs, an inferior copy of the second source is named
    Live From Los Angeles - April 12, 1992. This latter is the copy that, hitherto, had been the only one available at u2start.
    The superior surviving copy of the second source is known as Over The Hills And To The Sea, which is a remaster of a
    1st Gen copy of the master tape by Mauricio Ferrusca. I've added this to our database in both mp3 and lossless flac (converted
    from .ape files with TLH and tested for lossless).

To avoid further confusion, I've added the first source as "Sony Walkman with built-in mic (master)." This is the recording taped
    by MH and that was transferred by JEMS. I personally favor this first source over the second source as it doesn't have as much
    intrusive audience "interference," but it does come with some flaws and it hasn't been remastered, in contrast to the Over The
    Hills And To The Sea
    bootleg. I guess most of you will therefore prefer that bootleg as it has a more full sound and is just
    "ready-to-go" for your audio player.

I did rate both sources 3.5 stars and you can find all here: 1992-04-12 Los Angeles CA - Sports Arena
    at the show page / audio tab.

======================================

The second LA show - 1992-04-13 - has the quiet "boomy" sounding bootleg with the iconic title Zarconian Zoo, and another
    JEMS recording. This time the JEMS recording has some serious trouble during the first two songs, and later in Bullet The
    Blue Sky too. Once however the JEMS recording has passed its problems, I think it is a very pleasant sounding recording.
    But despite its boomy nature, I imagine one favors the Zarconian Zoo bootleg if only for its completeness.
    Again, I have rated both 3.5 stars, but 4 stars for Zarconian Zoo may not have been out of order!

Here's to ENJOY these early ZOO's
  9. Originally posted by BigGiRL:
    [...] somewhere during the 1992-04-10 Tempe AZ show, "Bono drop-kicked a cup of water, as Bono is wont to do, it sailed perfectly, barely spilling a drop...until it reached the mixing board where it spilled down into the control panels." (p.13)
    Haha, that sounds like a truly messed up show Have you been able to catch that moment when Bono apologizes to Joe or whoever in the desk?
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Haha, that sounds like a truly messed up show Have you been able to catch that moment when Bono apologizes to Joe or whoever in the desk?
    Eh no...not yet

But I definitely plan to take this show with me at my upcoming holiday in the sun
  11. Wherw are you going biggirl?