1. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[...]

To avoid further confusion, I've added the first source as "Sony Walkman with built-in mic (master)." This is the recording taped
    by MH and that was transferred by JEMS. I personally favor this first source over the second source as it doesn't have as much
    intrusive audience "interference," but it does come with some flaws and it hasn't been remastered, in contrast to the Over The
    Hills And To The Sea
    bootleg. I guess most of you will therefore prefer that bootleg as it has a more full sound and is just
    "ready-to-go" for your audio player.

I did rate both sources 3.5 stars and you can find all here: 1992-04-12 Los Angeles CA - Sports Arena
    at the show page / audio tab.

======================================
    After a more close listen to both sources, I have adjusted my ratings.

The issues with the MH recording are more intrusive than I thought (e.g., static tics in ISHFWILF and Pride (both at the end) + Bullet The Blue Sky has 30 seconds of dead air) and the recording also suffers from a lack of bass. So that's now a 3 star recording according to me.

And while the Over The Hills And To The Sea bootleg has a lot of screaming girls, the overall sound is very bright and the bass is pleasantly pronounced. So all things reconsidered, I rate this now as 4 stars.

PS: For the MH source I'm considering to post a file with 3 "fixed" tracks (or perhaps even a complete re-master, depending how such a thing will turn out).

PS2: in contrast to the info file of the MH recording, the "Mirrorball Man Phone Call" after Desire is missing.
    The bootleg Over The Hills And To The Sea has the complete encore taken from the 2nd night: 1992-04-13 Los Angeles (see comment below)
  2. And now for something completely different: a new transfer of the 1983-06-11 Austin TX War show recording has recently surfaced on u2torrents.

This is a substantial upgrade over the existing bootleg "War Austin," which was taken from the same source years ago. The new transfer consist not only of a complete lineage, it has also been remastered by MJK5510 with extreme good result (see info file for details).

An easy 4-star rating and a new "bootleg" to enjoy
  3. Years and years go by I'm still amazed at the fact that new masters, new transfers, even new recordings surface after such long times. Incredible Thanks Joyce.
  4. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]

PS2: in contrast to the info file of the MH recording, the "Mirrorball Man Phone Call" after Desire is missing.
    The bootleg Over The Hills And To The Sea has the complete encore taken from the 2nd night: 1992-04-13 Los Angeles
    In my attempt to fix the MH recording (of 1992-04-12 Los Angeles), I noticed that the so-called "Mirrorball man phone call" was missing.
    So I'd figured to take it from the other source, but then I found out that the intro of Ultra Violet (Light My Way) was significantly different in
    the Over The Hills And To The Sea bootleg: instead of the well known "Sometimes I feel like I don't know / sometimes I feel like checkin'
    out," Bono actually skips the first line and just repeats the "chekin' out" part.

Then a simple A/B comparison learned that the entire encore of Over The Hills And To The Sea (from ISHFWILF onwards)* was taken
    from the 2nd LA show (April 13, 1992)
    :

LA1 (as known from the MH recording / JEMS transfer)
    ISHFWILF : "Noisy bastards, let me tell ya" + "...a lot of trouble to get tickets" ("1000 dollar - out of your mind, or very rich...")
    UV : sometimes I feel like i don't know...Sometimes I feel like checkin out
    WOWY: Let's go to Vegas - let's get married ...forever
    LIB: whispering at the beginning

LA2 (as known from the JEMS master)
    ISHFWILF : big mouths - call the president
    after Desire: phone call with White house
    UV : 2x "Sometimes I feel like checkin out"
    WOWY : "Let's go to Vegas - let's get married ...for a while
    LIB: start with "Thanks a lot!"

Now, I'm sorry to say that, again, I had to change my rating: Over The Hills And To The Sea has been devaluated to a 3.5 star because of the missing encore - and not telling about it (actually I should never have given it 3.5 because of the way too noisy girls...my gawd...it is as if one listens to the Beatles!)

* The same goes for the Live From Los Angeles bootleg (as it is nothing but an inferior copy of Over The Hills And To The Sea).

NB: By way of exception, I will post my remaster of the MH LA 1 recording (including a fixed/patched BTBS) later today (mp3 only...for now).
    This because it is currently the only complete 1992-04-12 Los Angeles recording available.
  5. many many thanks ,191 u2 concerts recordings (plus dvds official and unofficials) so far
  6. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    NB: By way of exception, I will post my remaster of the MH LA 1 recording (including a fixed/patched BTBS) later today
    (mp3 only...for now). This because it is currently the only complete 1992-04-12 Los Angeles recording available.

As promised, I upped my remaster of ZOO TV 1992-04-12 Los Angeles (1st night) on the show page / audio tab.

When this recording was first shared in 2007, the info file suggested to clean up this transfer of the master,
    but also noted that "it would probably be a good idea to wait on this," since JEMS thought they still had their
    own - even better! - recording of this night.

But now, ten years later, I don't think that that master ever showed up. And since this recording is - in essence -
    very good, I felt free to take care of the known issues of this recording (see details under the "spoiler" header below).
    Especially when I found out that the other known recording of this date has in fact the encore from the 2nd show
    in Los Angeles (see my previous post). Theoretically it is possible that this MH recording is actually mistaken, but since
    this transfer was made by JEMS from a master cassette, I don't see any reason to doubt this recording's provenance.

Details of the clean-up & remaster:
    Spoiler (click to toggle)
    Addressing the following issues, as pointed out by Mike in the original notes;

1) patch BTBS (30 sec. from “Live From Los Angeles” [DAT Master > 1st Gen > CDR] ).
    2) removal of "static and dropouts" (dubbing of right channel, as Mike suggested).

Additionally, I applied the following using iZotope RX 5 to clean up:
    - “de-clap” (using my own setting from iZotope’s de-click)
    - spectral repair (to remove some whistles & to diminish intrusive audience chat)

Furthermore, I regarded the lack of bass as something to be improved.
    To obtain a satisfying result, I applied a manual equalization of the lower frequencies
    (mainly a boost of the 16 to 112 range, and a little touch of 112-240 Hz.).
    I treated every track separately: some tracks got more boosted than others.

I also made a fade-out after ISHFWLF, using some extra audience noise from the (left out small portion of the)
    encore break. And a fade-in for Desire (NB: the transition between Desire and UV I left
    as it was - I don't think the Mirror-ball man made any call that night).

I hope that, at some point, JEMS - and/or MH - will allow me to share a lossless version of this clean-up / remaster version.

For the time being, I intent to only share mp3's (224 kb/s) of this remaster on u2start.

PS: I took the liberty of rating this remaster with 4 stars - feel free to add your own rating and/or review!

Enjoy
  7. I've just downloaded the Paris 25/07/17 bootleg recorded by Christophe and the sound is going completely silent between 15-24 seconds in RHMT, not complaining or anything just wandering if its a problem from my end downloading it or have others experienced the same thing?
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:I've just downloaded the Paris 25/07/17 bootleg recorded by Christophe and the sound is going completely silent between 15-24 seconds in RHMT, not complaining or anything just wandering if its a problem from my end downloading it or have others experienced the same thing?
    Same here mate, seems like an issue from the tapers end.
  9. No worries, thanks for checking that out mate.
  10. It's noted in the info file: silence in RTSS due to battery change.

O, but you say RHMT too...! Ok
  11. And a recording of the 2017-09-10 Indianapolis show is up on its show page / audio tab

A decent 3.5 star recording...I guess... (I only listened to the tour debut of You're The Best Thing About Me... )
    Some whistlers, screamers (and clappers I suppose) are sometimes nearby. Sound is a bit muffled and somewhat distant. Perhaps you want to toy a little with your equalizer (settings), or turn on the treble and bass knobs...