1. Just bought a 1TB hard drive, time to download every bootleg

2. That 1TB wlil go quickly if you're anything like me!

I treated myself to one of these Seagate 8TB drives earlier this year - and it's half full of U2 stuff and some other bands already. Will probably be getting a couple more in the next year.

Eventually though I think I'm gonna end up getting something like a Zyxel NAS device so I can pop in multiple 8TB drives and have a RAID configuration so if a drive in there fails, then nothing is lost. Though might sit it out and wait for some ridiculously large size TB drives to come out.

Need moar Terabytes!
  3. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    That 1TB wlil go quickly if you're anything like me!

I treated myself to one of these Seagate 8TB drives earlier this year - and it's half full of U2 stuff and some other bands already. Will probably be getting a couple more in the next year.

Eventually though I think I'm gonna end up getting something like a Zyxel NAS device so I can pop in multiple 8TB drives and have a RAID configuration so if a drive in there fails, then nothing is lost. Though might sit it out and wait for some ridiculously large size TB drives to come out.

Need moar Terabytes!
    In February I took a quest of collecting every bootleg in lossless. It took me months, and some of them are repeated (many silver CDs just take the same source and rename them to increase confusion). At the end, it took me 2.12 TB. If I go for video bootlegs it would take me 5 extra TB, so I'll stop there.
  4. I'm only going to download MP3 files, will that make a difference?
  5. For mp3s I reckon you'll need about 300 GB at most. I have bootlegs that are not yet here or at U2torrents, but I can only upload a few at a time.
  6. In the future when I have like a 8TB hard drive, I will also download every multicam/proshot and put them together with my audio bootleg collection
  7. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:In the future when I have like a 8TB hard drive, I will also download every multicam/proshot and put them together with my audio bootleg collection
    Keep in mind that when they say 8TB is really about 6TB. I have a 4TB Seagate hard drive and it's really 3.2 TB.
  8. Yes I had the same with my ps4.
  9. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    In February I took a quest of collecting every bootleg in lossless. It took me months, and some of them are repeated (many silver CDs just take the same source and rename them to increase confusion). At the end, it took me 2.12 TB. If I go for video bootlegs it would take me 5 extra TB, so I'll stop there.
    Yeah, I'm archiving videos and DVD's on near-line storage too, for quick access in JRiver Media Center instead of having to dig out dvd discs all the time. Plus all my other music stuff and a couple of other bands I collect, its gonna be a lifetimes work lol.
  10. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    For mp3s I reckon you'll need about 300 GB at most. I have bootlegs that are not yet here or at U2torrents, but I can only upload a few at a time.
    Thanks for uploading them here at U2start. Are you gonna listen to all of your bootlegs? This will take many years, I think
  11. Originally posted by Koos1984:[..]
    Thanks for uploading them here at U2start. Are you gonna listen to all of your bootlegs? This will take many years, I think
    I only listen to the best source for every show. The goal is to have every source of every show here.
  12. When I have downloaded everything, I will use a random number generator, to generate the tour-leg-show. And listen to that show when I'm traveling to work or school. I will try to do that every day.