1. This is how I have it organised.
  2. Do you have a folder for every "various dates" show? Because some of them are private shows or funerals.
  3. Yeah, that's the only one that I left as one big carpet. I'm not planning to put in my ipod every interview, every tv appearance.
  4. Same here. With source info in the folder as well and thus sometimes more than one folder per show. Also a separate folder for each various date etc.
  5. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Same here. With source info in the folder as well and thus sometimes more than one folder per show. Also a separate folder for each various date etc.
    Yes, if there was a radio broadcast I have an extra folder. And when I have a hard drive with more storage I will add multicams/video bootlegs into the folder.

6. Instead of "post your desktop", "post your bootleg collection"!
    This is part of my I+E folder.
  7. Hello guys

I would like to bring something up.

I use software to manually repair, mix and enhance U2's concert recordings, at least the ones I want for my collection.. Many of those concerts I download(ed) here from U2Start, for which I am very thankful to all you guys. Great website!

Sometimes, at least in my view, my editing results in better versions of earlier uploads. Be aware, I'm just an editing amateur, but if I compare my audio-edits/mix's with some official releases, I'm really not that bad at it :-)

Now, my questions are:
    - Are any of you interested in these enhanced versions? (If so, I can offer them for upload here at U2Start).
    - Do I need permission from the original recording party to upload an enhanced version of his or her earlier upload? (which often is another user here at U2Start).
    - Are there more of you that edit and enhance concertrecordings to make them more 'finished' and suitable for listening? Or is this editing-stuff 'not-done' amongst the purer of U2 fans? :-)

Hope to hear from you, thanks in advance.

Edit: Note: I'm mostly talking of the already good stereo radio, dvd and soundboard recordings that are interesting enough for me to enhance further. The ones that are too bad to ever be really any good I never touch.

Regards from the Netherlands!

Stephan
  8. Originally posted by SLodewijks:Hello guys

I would like to bring something up.

I use software to manually repair, mix and enhance U2's concert recordings, at least the ones I want for my collection.. Many of those concerts I download(ed) here from U2Start, for which I am very thankful to all you guys. Great website!

Sometimes, at least in my view, my editing results in better versions of earlier uploads. Be aware, I'm just an editing amateur, but if I compare my audio-edits/mix's with some official releases, I'm really not that bad at it :-)

Now, my questions are:
    - Are any of you interested in these enhanced versions? (If so, I can offer them for upload here at U2Start).
    - Do I need permission from the original recording party to upload an enhanced version of his or her earlier upload? (which often is another user here at U2Start).
    - Are there more of you that edit and enhance concertrecordings to make them more 'finished' and suitable for listening? Or is this editing-stuff 'not-done' amongst the purer of U2 fans? :-)

Hope to hear from you, thanks in advance.

Edit: Note: I'm mostly talking of the already good stereo radio, dvd and soundboard recordings that are interesting enough for me to enhance further. The ones that are too bad to ever be really any good I never touch.

Regards from the Netherlands!

Stephan
    Hey Stephan,

Thanks!

In answer to your questions:
    1) It depends, it must be a real upgrade.
    2) Yes, often you do.
    3) This does happen quite regularly! Which is also why we like to be a bit strict for point 1, otherwise we'll get dozens of these 'upgrades'.
  9. I don't immediately get where the line runs between 'real upgrades' and 'useless upgrades' to be honest, but thanks for your answers! Nice to know I'm not the only one that plays around with soundquality ;-)

What I usually do is:
    - crank up the volume to a, to me at least, better level.
    - adjust balance and/or bass/trebble
    - application of moderate dynamics processing
    - fix possible gaps and/or pops
    - create a decent fade-in and fade-out at the beginning and end.
    - remove the gaps that mp3 files have between tracks. (I personally still use cd's with wav files, because concerts lose their continuity with those little gaps between tracks. Especially when two songs are played morfing into each other: I want one track to fluently follow the other. This will not be fixable for U2Start, because here only mp3's files are shared, as far as I know)

Some of the possibly more 'controversial' things I sometimes do are these:
    - mix out 'Bono babble' or radio commercials, and so on, between tracks (at least if I think it's gonna annoy me when istening to a concert regularly)
    - if there's a recording gap mid-song (usually these are little gaps that last only a fraction of a second) I sometimes use a tiny bit of an undamaged similar verse from the same song to mend it. But only if afterwards one can't notice the edited bit. Note: only gaps in instrumental parts of songs can be mended this way. If there's singing, it's much harder to fix without a listener noticing it.
    - I have a strange personal preference to make a concert 1% faster than the original recording, this makes it a little more fresh.

The latest concert I fixed and enhanced is the Las Vegas one that I downloaded from U2Start. I can send one of you my version, and maybe he/she can tell me if my edits are worth anything? You can pm me your email address, and I'll send the concert via WeTransfer.

Thanks in advance. (I'm also fine if no one is interested by the way, haha, so don't worry if this dies here and now ;-) )

Stephan