1. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]

And that's why they still bust tapers. Proof is in the pudding.

I'm not saying don't release, just saying wait until the end of the tour. Clearly you disagree. Obviously then I'm glad you sat this run out.
    well, local security bust tapers every now and then, but U2 never made a big deal of taping, they even encouraged it at some points. They know where to find the tapers, certainly on past tours with the sweet spots.
    And well, even if I had taped this year, I'm not sure if I would have uploaded anything yet. Even though I don't agree with your opinion and with the pact, doesn't mean I would do the total opposite and release everything instantly. I think the whole pact is just there for the wrong reason and every taper can decide for him or herself what to do. Thats how it worked in the past and it worked fine. An occasional IEM during the tour so others can also have a taste from whats happening 'behind the scenes'.
  2. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]

And that's why they still bust tapers. Proof is in the pudding.

I'm not saying don't release, just saying wait until the end of the tour. Clearly you disagree. Obviously then I'm glad you sat this run out.
    When you say "end of the tour" for some clarification are you talking about the end of this leg or are you talking about the "end" of the tour, possibly 2017??
  3. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    well, local security bust tapers every now and then, but U2 never made a big deal of taping, they even encouraged it at some points. They know where to find the tapers, certainly on past tours with the sweet spots.
    And well, even if I had taped this year, I'm not sure if I would have uploaded anything yet. Even though I don't agree with your opinion and with the pact, doesn't mean I would do the total opposite and release everything instantly. I think the whole pact is just there for the wrong reason and every taper can decide for him or herself what to do. Thats how it worked in the past and it worked fine. An occasional IEM during the tour so others can also have a taste from whats happening 'behind the scenes'.
    If they spot tapers, U2's private security will actively bust tapers. Make no mistake, U2 & the organization is not taper friendly. They may give lip service how they personally don't mind it, but that is not put into policy.
  4. @hoserama, I replied you per pm.

I think we better continue the techincal discusion in private, and "publish" the results and finding later.

The general iem-share discussion should be continued elsewhere
  5. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    You really are off base here. If I was gonna be busted, I would certainly rather be busted by venue security, than the bands security. The bands security in the past has taken gear, and would certainly be pissed about finding a receiver. The band might have said they are ok with bootlegs, but the management has never been OK with it.

They can easily make things more difficult for IEM tapers just by mixing up frequencies, and changing things around more frequently. They have already made some changes that make things harder, just in the last few weeks.
  6. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]
    If they spot tapers, U2's private security will actively bust tapers. Make no mistake, U2 & the organization is not taper friendly. They may give lip service how they personally don't mind it, but that is not put into policy.
    they better close down u2torrents or u2start then 'if they spot tapers'; thats not actively, but passively. Officially they don't allow taping, we all know that, but they don't have a big problem with it at all. As long as things are not getting out of control. But they will not worry about just a couple of thousand fans collecting live recordings.
  7. Ok folks, I created this thread for you so you can continue the discussion there.
    The General Bootleg Topic is to announce our latest uploads and let's keep it that way.
    Cheers
  8. Originally posted by Chrisedge:[..]
    You really are off base here. If I was gonna be busted, I would certainly rather be busted by venue security, than the bands security. The bands security in the past has taken gear, and would certainly be pissed about finding a receiver. The band might have said they are ok with bootlegs, but the management has never been OK with it.

They can easily make things more difficult for IEM tapers just by mixing up frequencies, and changing things around more frequently. They have already made some changes that make things harder, just in the last few weeks.
    like what? and why? there was no IEM out there until recently.

9. What did we say?
    There's an IEM thread for that now. Any other off-topic post will be deleted.
  10. Hi forum,

I don't post here much but I am going to mixlr the Belfast gigs and if anyone wants to record at home be my guest.

My mixlr username is miryclayu2 .

A link will be posted on u2gigs , no Twitter.

miryclay
  11. Originally posted by miryclay:Hi forum,

I don't post here much but I am going to mixlr the Belfast gigs and if anyone wants to record at home be my guest.

miryclay
    Hi! Thanks for letting us know that. I'm sure many users here will appreciate your mixlr. Enjoy the show!
  12. Originally posted by miryclay:Hi forum,

miryclay
    Great! I guess U2gigs themselves will also do a Mixlr from Belfast. But the more, the better!
    Thanks a lot and hope you have a great show.