2015-06-12 - Montreal
Tour: Innocence and Experience tour
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 1
  1. Since Bono said a couple of weeks ago they'll bring it into the set before the end of the tour. I think fans in general are most excited about the Ballroom more than any other song now.
  2. Strange. A fun songs and great addition to the set if it arrives but songs like The Troubles, Reach Me Now and Sleep Like a Baby aren't getting much of a look in either and they were actually on the album.
  3. Originally posted by germcevoy:Strange. A fun songs and great addition to the set if it arrives but songs like The Troubles, Reach Me Now and Sleep Like a Baby aren't getting much of a look in either and they were actually on the album.
    Doesn't mean they are more loved though. I'd rather see Ballroom than any of those songs live as well.
  4. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Doesn't mean they are more loved though. I'd rather see Ballroom than any of those songs live as well.
    They will debut it for us in Amsterdam
  5. I would rather see any of those songs than Crystal Ballroom
  6. I'd love to hear Reach Me Now. It's an underrated groovy song from the album. I still say it could even be a cool show closer. Somehow..
  7. Yea kind of disappointed they didn't play it yet but hopefully it'll appear later on in the tour.
  8. I think it would be a good opener....if The Miracle was never written.

It just has a good "kick off" feel to it for me...which I get is funny since it is the second last song on the album!
  9. That's fair. I just hear that intro guitar part being played over Bono being like "this is our last tune, and where you can reach us know" or something. Get everyone to sing along to the chorus.
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:That's fair. I just hear that intro guitar part being played over Bono being like "this is our last tune, and where you can reach us know" or something. Get everyone to sing along to the chorus.
    I definitely see that point too! Could be cool!
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy:Strange. A fun songs and great addition to the set if it arrives but songs like The Troubles, Reach Me Now and Sleep Like a Baby aren't getting much of a look in either and they were actually on the album.
    If Crystal Ballroom had actually been on the album, it wouldn't have get all this attention (imho).

But I think there's the feeling that the song was underrated or overlooked by the band, so it doesn't have a "fair chance" to competing against the rest of the album songs.

I'd rather listen Reach Me Now as well, but I feel like if people ask for CB we may get to listen to both, while if people asks for Reach that's all we'll get.

---

Also, I hope that if/when they finally play it, they don't feel disappointed on the crowd reaction... I mean, I don't expect a much different reaction than what LH got: few hardcore fans (overly) excited in the arena while the huge majority of fans just listening to it (and the message boards going totally nuts about it).
  12. I will say that when they started Lucifer's Hands, the room wasn't super ecstatic. But when the song ended, it got some really good reception. I think the better the song they try out, the more it gets the crowd interested and moving, and even singing along, the better the reaction.

I remember Your Blue Room not getting virtually any reception (I went nuts) and that's probably why they dropped it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they asked some of the crew members after trying different songs like that what the crowd reaction was.