1. Originally posted by Buttons:my daughter is into suzanne collins writer of ''hunger games'' she was never much of a reader but now shes reading all her books not all necessarily hunger games..
    have you had a chance to watch the movies of ''hunger games''?
    Yep like it. It's scary to think of: a how like that and all .........................
  2. i mean a show like that would be scary
  3. yes very.... thank God its not like that, but living like the days of game of thrones is not much different accept swords have turned into knives and guns and one hit deadly punches
    off to go to sleep now, nice chattin
  4. Originally posted by ONZOOSTATION:I have just finished the books, and cant wait for season 5 TV series on HBO kicking off in April. Having read the books since season 4 finished it is interesting to see how the TV series is starting to deviate from the books.

I thought season give was still bases on the books and just deviaties slightly by choice of the directors...

By the way love your symbol, had that during 360 and even made a t shirt out of it...
  5. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    yep, you're totally right. I'm the one misremembering things, I actually forgot that he's barely mentioned in the books, and although he features prominently throughout the story, he's not really mentioned by name.

Once said that, Soundwall, you NEED to read the Dunk & Egg stories.

So there is more to read about this story then just the books?
    What are the novella's and Dunk & Egg story?
  6. GRRM has written 5 novellas / small stories in the same universe of ASOIAF.

Three of them follow the characters Dunk & Egg, who lived about 100 years before the events in Game of Thrones and provide a lot of insight to certain events, mainly the Blackfyre rebellion and their protagonists -some of them are still in some way present in the story.
    *The Hedge Knight
    *The Sworn Sword
    *The Mystery Knight

The other two are about the infamous "Dance of the Dragons", an historical Westeros war 200 years before ASOIAF, several times referenced in the books, and it was as impressive as the legend says it was.
    *The Princess and the Queen
    *The Rogue Prince
  7. Thx!!
    Didn't know this...there is still a world to discover ;-)

hopefully they will make a serie out of those to...
  8. In a medieval warrior setting wouldnt it be nice to hear something only by U2 like the wanderer playing in the background or hawk moon 269
  9. they did play troubles during a the walking dead trailer, at least.
  10. I don't like troubles lol, I prefer walk to the water than that lol

Love medieval shows and not had the opportunity to watch game of thrones ,only the adverts but I see it like a bunch of Wanderers killing the bad and meeting up with their wife when there's children and going on conquests and when their older there's more wandering and killing the bad and Exploring and bumping into their soul mate or I should say wife who is doing the same thing and there's families and nomads and it's all for the king or queen
    When I think of it I could make a better story being religious lol
    Needless to say at least it's not like sex in the city where they are attached to some wench other than their wife and worry about being caught or something stupid like that, wow I need to sleep, lawn mowers are coming tomorrow, goodnight
  11. monogamy is still a theme on game of thrones though. not the only one ofc and in a more complex way, but it does matter.

and there is no "bad" or "good" on game of thrones either. that's one of the main attributes that make the show (and the books) stand out so much... maybe you should watch it some time and stop guessing
  12. i should watch it but theres too much violence, that bores me well i like action though, and the monogamy taken seriously i like in a show like that makes it all the more that real and any other way there would be to much competition both ways and it would just drown out the show