1. I go for the first Turin show, so shouldn't be a big problem to stay spoiler free. Even if I'm gonna spend a week before in the mountains near Turin. So maybe I'll abandon this site a week before mountains. Should be enough to be rehearsal blind lol
  2. Originally posted by bpt3:All speculation, of course, but can we expect something similar to what happened from 1st leg to 2nd leg back in 2009 for 360?

First show in Chicago was nearly identical to a typical European setlist from leg 1 (but an awesome show that I was lucky to attend), then night 2 they live premiere Your Blue Room and tour premiere UTEOTW and Stay. Eventually they rework the setlist order with NLOTH coming later, etc.

Similar this time around? Or will a whole month off result in more changes more quickly?

Last time it took Bono critically injuring himself to really shake up the setlist and I'm hoping we don't see that happen again...

I think we will see changes but probably nowhere near as drastic as during 360, the main reason being the strong crowd response to the new songs. At the start of 360, we had Breathe, NLOTH, Magnificent, Unknown Caller, GOYB, Crazy Tonight, and MOS as setlist regulars. By the end of 360, four of those were cut. This time around we have Miracle, Iris, Cedarwood Road, SFS, RBW, Invisible, and EBW as regulars with California, Crystal Ballroom, Volcano, Lucifer's Hands, and Ordinary Love in rotation. I know some people would LOVE to see all of these hit the shelves and never see the light of day again, but I think it would be a shame to do so since this is the strongest reaction the crowd has had to their new work in a long time.

There is one major change I hope to see: consistent set lengths. It's one thing to come in expecting Bad only to find yourself Stuck in a Moment, but it's another thing to know that some nights get 25 songs while others get 23.
  3. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]

Last time it took Bono critically injuring himself to really shake up the setlist and I'm hoping we don't see that happen again...

I think we will see changes but probably nowhere near as drastic as during 360, the main reason being the strong crowd response to the new songs. At the start of 360, we had Breathe, NLOTH, Magnificent, Unknown Caller, GOYB, Crazy Tonight, and MOS as setlist regulars. By the end of 360, four of those were cut. This time around we have Miracle, Iris, Cedarwood Road, SFS, RBW, Invisible, and EBW as regulars with California, Crystal Ballroom, Volcano, Lucifer's Hands, and Ordinary Love in rotation. I know some people would LOVE to see all of these hit the shelves and never see the light of day again, but I think it would be a shame to do so since this is the strongest reaction the crowd has had to their new work in a long time.

There is one major change I hope to see: consistent set lengths. It's one thing to come in expecting Bad only to find yourself Stuck in a Moment, but it's another thing to know that some nights get 25 songs while others get 23.
    I don't think the length is that important, I would rather have a 23 songs set with Bad than a 26 song set in which Stuck and Ordinary Love are played. Quality above quantity.

4. I think it´s not so complicated to combine quantity and quality - see Pearl Jam or E Street Band shows
  5. Originally posted by bartajax:[..]
    I don't think the length is that important, I would rather have a 23 songs set with Bad than a 26 song set in which Stuck and Ordinary Love are played. Quality above quantity.
    It's more about consistency rather than using length as a comparison factor. I think the band should decide on a set length and stick with it instead of jumping around between 23, 24 and 25 songs. Personally, I would enjoy a set with Stuck and Ordinary Love in it. Actually, the two shows I went to featured the tour debuts of Stuck and Ordinary Love and enjoyed the both immensely. Quality is subjective because you're always going to have that one person who calls any show without something from Pop garbage or another person who calls a show with AIWIY the best in U2 history. Length is easy to measure and easy to regulate. It's not to say that longer shows are automatically better than shorter ones. Most Elevation shows were only 22 songs long, but I think those were some of the best bootlegs I've listened to.
  6. You're right, quality is subjective. I personally wouldn't mind if I never heard another Elevation gig ever again. I can't quite say what it is about those shows, but I just don't like them and this is coming from someone who went to 5 Elevation Gigs. At the time they were good, but looking back, not so good. Thats just my opinion of course.
  7. to the people sick of hearing EBW, ordinary love, stuck, would you change your mind if these songs were played in full band!?
  8. EBW and Stuck would be AMAZING full band.

Ordinary Love shouldn't be changed, in my opinion.

9. He looks down a lot. He was reading his speech?
  10. Ordinary Love like on the ending of Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom? Oh yell yeah.
    Every Breaking Wave like Achtung Babies perform it? Fuck yes.
    Stuck In A Moment (You Can't Get Out Of) already had its time on Elevation and 360.