1. and who cares?

You're saying it like if that's something better than if they had played the same show every night... why would that be better? I'm pretty sure that most people only went to one of those shows, so they didn't even realized (or cared) if the other shows were the same or not.

Yeah, a handful of people cares about it, most of them (or all of them) hangs out in this or other forums, but seriously setlist variation it's not a big deal outside of a small obsessive fanbase.
  2. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    Is not the forum (other forums are even more cynical), and much less the fandom, the majority of people is overall very very happy with the shows as they are now. It's only a few people that insist a lot on that point.
    Obviously they have the right to wish for a more setlist variation even if the rest of the people (or the band) doesn't care about it and that's fine.

The shows were great regardless of setlist variation or lack of it. The band, the material, the show, the music, all of it is great.
    And we know what we'll get. The people that wants to enjoy it as is, are enjoying it perfectly. But some fans wants to enjoy only if the shows are like they wish they were, and that's their right.

The bitches and moaners are always the loudest
  3. I agree with you on how you enjoy the shows, but I don't think that those words would help on the debate, mate...
  4. It's not so much a debate as a statement of facts. Most people don't have a problem with the variation, but the small percentage that does tend to be very vocal about it, so it makes it feel like everyone is upset about it.

This is pretty much how it works in any sort of dynamic. A vocal minority gets to dictate the tone of the crowd.
  5. Originally posted by ahn1991:It's not so much a debate as a statement of facts. Most people don't have a problem with the variation, but the small percentage that does tend to be very vocal about it, so it makes it feel like everyone is upset about it.

This is pretty much how it works in any sort of dynamic. A vocal minority gets to dictate the tone of the crowd.
    And I agree with that.
    But this time you worded it better

6. Diplomacy isn't my forte. Sometimes I just call it how I see it.
  7. So do I. So like I said, if it was up to you you'd have them play the same 25 songs at a concert. I'm glad I'm not that small thinking in music.

8. I don't know where you get this stuff from. I've mentioned that they should rotate in basically all of ATYCLB, the better half of Pop, a couple songs from NLOTH, and some songs from HTDAAB.

I best suggest you do your research before you criticize people (again)
  9. And ignore everything before? That's asinine.

I'd rather see more songs from 1981-1982; hell even stuff from pre 1980 given a modern fleshing out. Stuff before Bono started hanging out with politicians and rappers. And on this tour I'd like to see all of Songs of Innocence get its fair shake. It would be a first and I know they can do it if they make an effort.
  10. All of ATYCLB and half of Pop? You switched the album names by mistake, right? Lol
  11. The only songs from All That You Can't Leave Behind that haven't been played to death:

When I Look At the World
    Peace On Earth
    New York
    Always
    Big Girls Are Best
    Summer Rain
    Grace
  12. You haven't seen my posting history have you? When I admitted some of Pop deserved to be played live, people were asking if I was drunk/high.