1. Originally posted by clover68:cool i'm off a few days and look who's in the spotlight?!
    it was well known you really Got Some!!! hehe
    congratulazioni amico .. it's always a pleasure to read you

"I went to the record store (yes,we did those things in the 80's lol)"
    to get tickets too ... hehehe .. ah good old days .. hehe

Very true Ron.I remember sleeping outside all night long,when U2 were playing at Radio City in Dec 1984,so this must have been in Oct (I remember it was cold outside) only to be denied come the morning.....my friend and I were with 2 girls we were seeing,and they both cried when the guy from ,I think it was Tower Records in the Village,came out and said " U2 at Radio City is sold out !"...I was in shock....I missed the band on the War tour in the summer of '83,(I was in Europe with my parents),so I was thinking "I will never see this band live "......then,they announced a spring arena tour,for 1985.....we waited all night online again..and scored tickets to the MSG 04.01.85 show.....just amazing,I will never forget that show....I saw the band 5 times in '85,once in 86 (Amnesty) and 10 times on the JT tour in 87.....but I would trade half of those JT shows,for 1 War show...
  2. War never passed through these latitudes and i was just a kid to espatriate ..so Unforgettable was the live baptism for me too .. i'm with you for trading some shows for 1 War .. but i would pick them from my Vertigo ones, absolutely not Joshua hehe
    uhm the all night long queues for tickets .. what such experiences jeez ... under the snow outside the box office for the ZooTV at the Forum .. for Joshua was the same struggle but a little bit more .. sunny hehe
  3. Its so easy now Ron...these kids just don't understand what we went through for U2 back then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......LOL

4. I assume that you mean, Beautiful Day. Obviously it was NOT a beautiful day but I always make the connection between the Super Bowl performance and the 911 tribute in which they played Beautiful Day. It must have been a "beautiful" moment for those who were worried they'd lost someone and found out they were okay.

Anyway, I certainly don't want to turn your FOTM thread into a 911 discussion.
  5. Originally posted by EDDMB:Its so easy now Ron...these kids just don't understand what we went through for U2 back then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......LOL

holy words hehe ... incidentally you know i envy you as hell that night at Shea Stadium ... not The Beatles one of course hehehe
  6. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:This was a fantastic interview! Loved every bit of it. I went to Manhattan on a trip last fall so I know the places you were talking about, loved that city and I'm jealous you've lived in it your whole life!

TY..growing up in Manhattan (Greenwich Village) was a blast....I was a freshman in NYU when the UF was released (Oct '84)...great times...back then,another band I was crazy about was the Alarm.....we used to call them U3....LOL
  7. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

I assume that you mean, Beautiful Day. Obviously it was NOT a beautiful day but I always make the connection between the Super Bowl performance and the 911 tribute in which they played Beautiful Day. It must have been a "beautiful" moment for those who were worried they'd lost someone and found out they were okay.

Anyway, I certainly don't want to turn your FOTM thread into a 911 discussion.

True....yes I meant BD....I used to skip that song,and Elevation back then.....
  8. Great interview, Ed! It seems as if you have had one hell of an interesting life so far! Plus, I've always respected your music taste.

Congratulations!
  9. TY Kieran..yes,I have no complaints....
  10. Originally posted by clover68:[..]

holy words hehe ... incidentally you know i envy you as hell that night at Shea Stadium ... not The Beatles one of course hehehe

You must mean The Clash/Who concert from 1982.I also saw the Police at Shea,in 1983.REM opened,I was impressed and bought Murmur (AN AMAZING ALBUM) and the Cronic Town EP as well.The I.R.S Records years were their best......thats yet another band I forgot..I loved REM in the 80s and very early 90s...it was sad how they faded out.
  11. i meant that yes .. mainly for The Clash!
    The Clash are the biggest (in music) unrealized desire of mine
  12. It was such an odd mix..you had the punks there for the Clash,then you had the Mods for the Who...I had seats in the stands somewhere,but me and my friends just jumped onto the field,like so many others...it was pure mayhem...theY walked out....and it was "Good evening NYC !!!! Ladies and Gentlemen.................The CLASH!!!"....something like that...lol......first song ... London Calling !!!