1. ^ Thank you!

You only listened to 'American Idiot' (album) to make a judgment. Listen to more of Green Day's earlier stuff, and you're opinion of Green Day will drastically change. 'Dookie' is one of the finest albums I've ever listened to. 'Insomniac' is also great.

What have Rise Against done to music? Nothing. They have been going for 12 years and haven't exactly shot up to respectable fame.
  2. I may have heard a bit more of GD than you think.

And I know demand that you listen to all of for example Russell Watson's stuff before you make a judgement... yeah, you can't expect people to listen to everything before saying something about a band.

And also, with your logic about fame equalling good music, Justin Bieber is the best artist in the world.
  3. I'm out of my league here but I've never even heard of Rise Against. I'm old and set in my ways, however. Case in point: It's 7am on a Saturday hear in the GTA and I've been up for two hours (went to bed at 10PM on a Friday). Anyway...

Green Day are (or at least were) HUGE and you have to give them credit (like them or not - I think they're okay, don't love them) for being able to "pull off" American Idiot - ten years after their breakthrough album, Dookie. Ameican Idiot brought them back to the A-list.
  4. Oh sorry, the whole American Idiot and a few songs off International Superhits?

Yeah, but I've actually listened to Russell Watson, because my gran listens to it. I used to stay at my gran's sometimes because my parents were working, so she would put on the whole opera stuff: Andrea Bocelli, Russell Watson... you name it. I hated it. Russell Watson is nothing but a karoake singer. I always preferred Bocelli's stuff, as it seemed more complete. But you obviously love Russell Watson, so I'm not going to personally bash you for it; because it's your opinion.

Basically, I agree when Sergio said that you can't compare two artists when you have listened to only a couple or few songs of Rise Against, then listened to a lot more of Green Day.

But Justin Bieber is the best artist in the world?!
  5. Originally posted by Mr_TrekI may have heard a bit more of GD than you think.

And I know demand that you listen to all of for example Russell Watson's stuff before you make a judgement... yeah, you can't expect people to listen to everything before saying something about a band.

And also, with your logic about fame equalling good music, Justin Bieber is the best artist in the world.

I didn't say "listen to everything" before you judge... I just said that comparing a few songs from one band with a few songs from another (you could have chosen the wrong songs for both or for one of the bands) is unfair towards both of them. I have listened to a few Watson's songs (the ones you've posted here, not more) and I wouldn't dare to make a proper judgement on him unless I've listened to a complete album or at least to some kind of greatest hits.

And neither of us equalled fame to quality; we just said that Green Day have a long, respectable and widely-acclaimed career, while Rise Against do not. That does NOT make Green Day a better band to everyone's eyes nor makes Rise Against a crappy&creepy band. But it's something to take account of. Once again: you should listen to a few more songs (in the case of long career rock bands, a few complete albums) in order to judge them
  6. I think Green Day sound so average. Nothing special at all. Rise Against do sound better than average to me.

Oh, and I happen to have a friend who's a giant Green Day fan. She loves everything about them, I've had this discussion before.
  7. I'm feeling very patriotic watching the Nobel Prize Awards.
  8. Originally posted by MacStripey[..]

you're a good boy [image]

It's hard not to feel patriotic when you watch GREAT buildings and watch the awards for the a prize that's the highest honour in every one of its fields, and everything is from your country.
  9. drunk threas please
  10. thread*