1. Originally posted by LikeASong
    the same for LOVETOWN, I don't think U2 filmed any Lovetown show...

They did filmed several Lovetowns in Australia while thinkin' of a documental that finally became horter than expected. The concerts at Point Depot were also filmed, of course.

2. Originally posted by redguitaronfire
    LOL, let's take it one step at the time:

Originally posted by Blue_Room[..]

LOL, the Stockholm one is not different. The sepia one is a higher generation and it lost its color as a result. Because John (the contest winner) dubbed his cassette so much it wore down. Someone still had a better generation of it from him that still had the color and put it on DVD finally.

So are you a friend of John's or what? Do you realize it takes the same effort to film a PPV concert than a contest winner one? So filming crew can also release on their own.

Originally posted by Blue_Room[...]

Plus, I never said all the pro shots came from contest winners. I said the reason Adelaide 93 surfaced is because of the contest winner in addition to Stockholm.

But you seem to believe the only other option is waiting until an officcial release...

Where is there a pro shot of Mexico City 92? Mexico City 97 was also broadcast on TV prior to official release. Thats why that was/is out there.

Stream the U2 torrents to find Zoo TV, nov-25-1992. Hint: it's not the complete show, starts from One on. Another hint: 4 Zoos from Mexico City were actually recorded because ALL were meant to be broadcast. Bootlegs come from the company who filmed it, though, of course, U2 must have a copy. Footage was used later on TV specials, plus interviews with Adam and Edge, and a press conference.
    And about 97, which I didn't metioned by the way, both shows were filmed in Mexico and the announcement it would be into DVD came at the same time they were boradcasted.

What I'm trying to say is, the examples you have given have leaked because other sources got ahold of them by other means. They didnt come from the U2 archive. They have recorded most of their shows since 1982. That is alot of audio. Thats why I say 99.9 % of it will never see the light of day. Because even if they did release a few things someday, it will be a very small amount in comparison to what exists.

Here we go again: those examples are to tell you not to expect U2 to release offically that material. BUT it doesn't mean it will never "see the daylight". Further than Rattle and Hum there was nothing else out from the Joshua Tree Tour and now you can actually get the whole gig. You can say you want it on DVD or in double-soundboard-audio discs... but to be honest, what company should edit hundreds of DVD's, specially when setlists are pretty much the same? Wouldn't it be smarter to release a new record and play a new tour?
    But, to finish this and not to bore you, what I meant was that when U2 finally released The New Year's Eve concert, for instance, it was meaningless for most die-hard fans: It already was available (that's the key word in my former post, man: you don't need to wait, in will be available before). So, don't lose faith baby...

Fair enough, but we were (at least what I said in my post) was in regard to U2's official archive. Even putting into context what you are saying and including bootlegs that surface. I still stand by what I said. If almost every U2 show and soundcheck has an audio recording since 1982 (which is true, I asked Joe O'herlihy this question and he confirmed it) even if 20 soundboard recordings surfaced. It would still be a very very small portion of what exists. Thats what I was saying, most of it will never see the light of day and it wont.

Where are we going again? I dont think I have ever discussed this with you before?
  3. Originally posted by redguitaronfire[..]

They did filmed several Lovetowns in Australia while thinkin' of a documental that finally became horter than expected. The concerts at Point Depot were also filmed, of course.

Sydney Nov. 17, 1989 and Sydney Nov 18, 1989 were shot with full production. Some of the footage from the show on the 18th was used in the Lovetown documentary. Nov 19, 1989 Sydney may have been filmed also, but I have never seen confirmation that it was by those who attended it.

Only the Dublin New Years Eve show was filmed completely. Only minor portions of the other 3 Dublin shows were filmed.
  4. Originally posted by redguitaronfire

So are you a friend of John's or what? Do you realize it takes the same effort to film a PPV concert than a contest winner one? So filming crew can also release on their own.

Stream the U2 torrents to find Zoo TV, nov-25-1992. Hint: it's not the complete show, starts from One on. Another hint: 4 Zoos from Mexico City were actually recorded because ALL were meant to be broadcast. Bootlegs come from the company who filmed it, though, of course, U2 must have a copy. Footage was used later on TV specials, plus interviews with Adam and Edge, and a press conference.
    And about 97, which I didn't metioned by the way, both shows were filmed in Mexico and the announcement it would be into DVD came at the same time they were boradcasted.

First paragraph. Not true, the Stockholm show was filmed using their normal cameras. The PPV stuff they use extra production. That has always been the case. It was different for the stadium leg as they had more cameras for the normal show. So they did not have to add as many for that. But they still added cameras if they were filming for something that may have been released. Stockholm was never meant for release.

Second paragraph, I did search. There is no proshot of any kind listed on torrents for 11-25-1992 or any of the other 1992 Mexico City shows. So you are saying there is a complete pro shot starting at One goingo to Love Is Blindness/40 of that show? Do you have a link to this torrent? Because its complete news to me.

So your proshot of Mexico City would be this setlist:
    One-Can't Help Falling In Love, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, Van Diemen's Land, Tryin' to Throw Your Arms..., I Will Follow, When Love Comes to Town, We Will Rock You, Satellite of Love, All I Want Is You, Bullet the Blue Sky, Running to Stand Still, Where the Streets Have No Name, Pride, I Still Haven't Found..., Stand By Me

Encore(s): Desire, Ultraviolet, With or Without You, Love Is Blindness-40

I will be downloading this as soon as you produce the link or information that indicates it.

Thanks

5. Ok, I just did a general search on U2 Torrents and the 11-25-92 video is an audience shot recording. Its no pro shot. Not even in the same realm of what we were discussing here.
  6. Originally posted by Blue_RoomOk, I just did a general search on U2 Torrents and the 11-25-92 video is an audience shot recording. Its no pro shot. Not even in the same realm of what we were discussing here.
    [/quote

Well, I'll skip all the quoting and will try to answer all your replys in this one. About the U2 archives my point is that it could be very probable in the next few years we can see a lot of those old films or audios because bootlegers get things which don't necesarily imply the band's collaboration or acknowledgement. I'll give you two examples for that: Mercy, an unfinished song which emerged time ago, and the trial on Fentan Fitzgerald, former stylist for the band. She tried to settle an auction with the Stetson hat Bono wore during the JT Tour and some sunglasses... he didn't have that hat and needed the court to give it back. Probably it's not the same case with filming material but it gives a good idea that U2 may not have possesion or control of every item they use... and probabilities are not that terminal.

Now, about the Zoo 92... Yes, there are pro shot version AND audience version. I didn't know the audience one was the one in U2T. There's also filming for 22-nov-92 pro-shot. I saw them sometime around the year 2000, and at least twice since then, but never wanted to get them because I wasn't very U2 back then. Also I remember a very old footage i saw on TV before the Best 1990-2000 was released. it was a show at the Ritz hotel and man, probably Bono wasn't even 20. It was very funny because at the non-vocal parts he didn't know what to do with his hands... I'd like to have this to upload because I understand you just can't believe a someone-who-claims-seeing-something-sometime. If I get it soon I'll post it for you, Ok?
  7. Originally posted by redguitaronfire
    Originally posted by Blue_RoomOk, I just did a general search on U2 Torrents and the 11-25-
    Well, I'll skip all the quoting and will try to answer all your replys in this one. About the U2 archives my point is that it could be very probable in the next few years we can see a lot of those old films or audios because bootlegers get things which don't necesarily imply the band's collaboration or acknowledgement. I'll give you two examples for that: Mercy, an unfinished song which emerged time ago, and the trial on Fentan Fitzgerald, former stylist for the band. She tried to settle an auction with the Stetson hat Bono wore during the JT Tour and some sunglasses... he didn't have that hat and needed the court to give it back. Probably it's not the same case with filming material but it gives a good idea that U2 may not have possesion or control of every item they use... and probabilities are not that terminal.

Now, about the Zoo 92... Yes, there are pro shot version AND audience version. I didn't know the audience one was the one in U2T. There's also filming for 22-nov-92 pro-shot. I saw them sometime around the year 2000, and at least twice since then, but never wanted to get them because I wasn't very U2 back then. Also I remember a very old footage i saw on TV before the Best 1990-2000 was released. it was a show at the Ritz hotel and man, probably Bono wasn't even 20. It was very funny because at the non-vocal parts he didn't know what to do with his hands... I'd like to have this to upload because I understand you just can't believe a someone-who-claims-seeing-something-sometime. If I get it soon I'll post it for you, Ok?

What are you talking about? Do you know where Mercy came from? Check out Interference sometime the full story is there. Mercy is finished, it was going to end Bomb originally. Bono handed a fan an early copy of the album and it still had it on it. Right before the album was due to go to pressing they took Mercy off. But thats how it got out. Bono handed a fan a copy and its been out there since before Bomb was even released as a result. I dont know how that translates into all kinds of pro shots and soundboards are about to surface in the next couple of years???

I have been collecting U2 audio since 1988. I know a ton of tapers and traders and I'm familiar with ALOT of stuff thats out there, stuff that isnt even talked about at this point. I have NEVER seen anyone indicate that they had or have a pro shot of any of the Mexico City 92 shows. I have never seen it listed anywhere on any site or even any traders/tapers list. Doesnt mean it doesnt exist or that a trader may have it. But given your description on how you came to the conclusion that its out there and readily available, I'm extremely skeptical. If there was a pro shot of any of those shows in the form you are talking it would have been talked about before now. Upload it though if you have it, I would love for you to prove me wrong on it.

8. Hey all of you, there's no need to get angry! Love and Peace!!
    Oh, are you joking when you say all the New Years Eve show and portions of the others-final-89 shows were filmed? That's pretty cool! hope it surfaces soon!
    And about the Mexico 92, it would be great if this fantatic stuff surfaces, it's such a great ZooTV proshot it would be!!

See ya!
  9. Originally posted by LikeASongHey all of you, there's no need to get angry! Love and Peace!!
    Oh, are you joking when you say all the New Years Eve show and portions of the others-final-89 shows were filmed? That's pretty cool! hope it surfaces soon!
    And about the Mexico 92, it would be great if this fantatic stuff surfaces, it's such a great ZooTV proshot it would be!!

See ya!

I'm not angry. I just dont like misinformation posted because if its posted, a week later it becomes internet fact. Then people start saying, there is a pro shot out there of Mexico City 92. No, one person said they thought they saw one in 2000 when they were not into the band. That does not translate to its out there IMO. But like I said, if I'm wrong, great! But show me some proof.

Yes, Dublin New Years 89 was filmed. Only two songs have surfaced of it though Streets and most of I Will Follow as those were broadcast on TV at a later date. For a pro shot though, the quality and camera angles are not like a full production shoot. Thats why I doubt U2 would ever release it.

Now the Sydney 89 pro shots, those are top notch. Full production, multiple camera angles. Those would be suitable for full release. But the band isnt exactly fond of the Lovetown era even though most fans love it. So that probably will never see the light of day either. But I would say one of those is more likely than the 89 New Years show on DVD.

The best and most likely thing to hope for is the full Red Rocks 83 concert on DVD. If the master tapes ever get out of legal limbo that could happen.
  10. Originally posted by Blue_Room[..]

What are you talking about? Do you know where Mercy came from? Check out Interference sometime the full story is there. Mercy is finished, it was going to end Bomb originally. Bono handed a fan an early copy of the album and it still had it on it. Right before the album was due to go to pressing they took Mercy off. But thats how it got out. Bono handed a fan a copy and its been out there since before Bomb was even released as a result. I dont know how that translates into all kinds of pro shots and soundboards are about to surface in the next couple of years???

I have been collecting U2 audio since 1988. I know a ton of tapers and traders and I'm familiar with ALOT of stuff thats out there, stuff that isnt even talked about at this point. I have NEVER seen anyone indicate that they had or have a pro shot of any of the Mexico City 92 shows. I have never seen it listed anywhere on any site or even any traders/tapers list. Doesnt mean it doesnt exist or that a trader may have it. But given your description on how you came to the conclusion that its out there and readily available, I'm extremely skeptical. If there was a pro shot of any of those shows in the form you are talking it would have been talked about before now. Upload it though if you have it, I would love for you to prove me wrong on it.

About Mercy: http://www.u2start.com/topic/273///12/0/#1853 (Edge himself says it's an unfinished song. My point was if an unifinished song leaked in, why not anything else?)
    Now, I've NEVER said the show you're throwing your brains out for is "readily available". I said LOOK FOR it, STREAM or whatever, because it exists. And I told you I would upload if I find it sometime soon. What's your problem with it?
    And: Who are you to demand "proofs"? You claim have spoken with Joe O'herly and to know "tons" of traders/tapers. Any "proof" to that or you just expect us to believe you because you say so?
    And: all the information you reply comes from other Internet sites. If you know so many tapers why haven't you said nothing new to what is so widely known?
    I'll tell you one last time what this was about because it seems your bitchy mood get things unclear whnhe you read my messagges: you had an opinion, I disagreed with it based on previous information I had. Forums are for that.

11. Originally posted by LikeASongHey all of you, there's no need to get angry! Love and Peace!!

See ya!

Couldn't say better, Pecae and Understanding, my man.
    Now, the New year's Eve was filmed completely but for some reason I can't understand boots been leaking by song. At first only Where the Streets... was available, then it was I Will Follow too.
    ¡Y arriba Madrid!
  12. Originally posted by redguitaronfire
    Couldn't say better, Pecae and Understanding, my man.
    Now, the New year's Eve was filmed completely but for some reason I can't understand boots been leaking by song. At first only Where the Streets... was available, then it was I Will Follow too.
    ¡Y arriba Madrid!

I hope it sees the sunlight soon! I prefer a hundred times New Year's Eve against Sydney...

Y De Madrid Al Cielo (Quoting Bono!)