1. Every month we have a U2 show in the spotlights, the show of this month took place on 1997-07-31 in Mannheim, Germany. You can download this show, read reviews or write your own review on the show page here. In this thread you can discuss this show!

1997-07-31 - Mannheim, Germany - Maimarkt
    Mofo
    I Will Follow
    Gone
    Even Better Than The Real Thing
    Last Night On Earth
    Until The End Of The World
    New Year's Day
    In The Name Of The Father (snippet) / Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    All I Want Is You
    Summer Holiday (snippet) / Staring At The Sun
    Singing In The Rain (Edge Karaoke)
    Miami / My Mammy (snippet) / Cuba (snippet)
    Bullet The Blue Sky / The Message (snippet) / America (snippet)
    Please / Broken English (snippet)
    Where The Streets Have No Name / Singing In The Rain (snippet) / Playboy Mansion (snippet)

encore(s):
    Discothèque / Can't Stand The Rain (snippet) / Stayin' Alive (snippet) / Discothèque Howie B Hairy B Mix (snippet) / Whole Lotta Love (snippet)
    If You Wear That Velvet Dress
    With Or Without You
    Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me / Children Of The Revolution (snippet)
    Mysterious Ways / Funky Town (snippet)
    One
    Rain

Comments on this show:
    Mannheim is one of those hidden gems from the Popmart era, of which we have a great recording available in lossy and lossless. Lots of snippets featured in this show, which makes this an even greater show and recording than it already is. Enjoy!

Show page
    http://www.u2start.com/shows/1102/
  2. Cant wait to sit back and thoroughly enjoy this show sometime this week. Will download tonight...always look forward to a good PopMart gig! Thanks guys.

EDIT: Is the audience recording (the one only available through RapidShare, so it seems) complete? The IEM goes up to "All I Want is You" in the main set, then has all the encore tracks except "One" and the closing "Rain". Shame, always nice to hear "Please->Streets"...

Either way, I'll be enjoying this show tonight as I hit the pillow.
  3. Well... To my mind, it is a better performance than the first Popmart Shows but... This is far far away from the last ones, who are the best in my opinion (Mexico, Santiago...).

Mofo is not that good, I Will Follow is very very weak...
    Bono's voice is not very fine compared to these shows, even if it is not the worst one. But I am disappointed, I've got to say...
  4. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:Cant wait to sit back and thoroughly enjoy this show sometime this week. Will download tonight...always look forward to a good PopMart gig! Thanks guys.

EDIT: Is the audience recording (the one only available through RapidShare, so it seems) complete? The IEM goes up to "All I Want is You" in the main set, then has all the encore tracks except "One" and the closing "Rain". Shame, always nice to hear "Please->Streets"...

Either way, I'll be enjoying this show tonight as I hit the pillow.

I have a compilation of a SBD/ALD/IEM and audience source. Will put it up tonight
  5. Downloading the lossy recording as I type, and I'm really looking forward to listen to this show later tonight seems I missed this show until now, so I'm glad you announced it as SOTM any good Popmart recording is
  6. Yeah! very good choice!! it was a really great show !!
    I was there back in '97 !!
    i was in first row on the B-stage ! and it rained so hard that day !!

7. One of my popmart favs Powerful performance.

BTW: i have uploaded the SBD/AUD compilation. Its basicly just all the soundboard songs + audience to make it complete.

8. That is soooooooooooooooo great
  9. Originally posted by MacStripey:Downloading the lossy recording as I type, and I'm really looking forward to listen to this show later tonight seems I missed this show until now, so I'm glad you announced it as SOTM any good Popmart recording is
    At least one person got the sense of the BOTM
  10. Originally posted by spiral_staircase:Yeah! very good choice!! it was a really great show !!
    I was there back in '97 !!
    i was in first row on the B-stage ! and it rained so hard that day !!

A great show. Even Better Than the Real Thing is standout