1. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

It looks great so far. So it'll let you work with pre-defined standard ID3 tags as well as other live bands, or only for U2start?

[..]

Exactly how I do mine. Lossless is exactly the same way. However, if there are two sources - RandomBloke and Admonette, I use sub-folders.

For portable players, I make sure it has album artwork - regardless of whether it is supported or not and organised as you see:

2009-06-30 - Barcelona, Spain (Live)

You can use dirname, filename and tags (default and custom tags) to get dates / locations from shows. Those dates are compared with the U2start bootleg database

So for now U2 only

If you have vista or windows 7 i can send you the current build . It doesnt work yet on XP because i used Aero Glass.
  2. Originally posted by Risto:[..]

You can use dirname, filename and tags (default and custom tags) to get dates / locations from shows. Those dates are compared with the U2start bootleg database

So for now U2 only

Thanks man!
  3. Sneak preview:

4. Originally posted by Risto:[..]

So for now U2 only

If you have vista or windows 7 i can send you the current build . It doesnt work yet on XP because i used Aero Glass.

That'd be great.

Ah yeah - what do you use for building apps?
  5. Looks so great Chris. Cannot wait
  6. Just want to bump this to show I haven't forgot this program I have worked on the integration with u2start and will try to make it more flexible before i launch the first version.

This program is made in C#. My language of choice, although i dont really make 'real' apps that often. I use PHP for websits a lot more
  7. So it has been a while. But we are making progress! We will try to integrate the application into u2start.

A few changes:
    - No need to install / download. Just Run it and it will be cleaned up automatically.
    - Tagging has been disabled, since it is very personal and we are not responsible for f*cked up tags

The goal:
    - Add all shows you have to your U2start profile

Privacy:
    - Application scans for subfolders in the directory you specify. If you press sync, the matching show ids will be sent to u2start. Nothing else!

Prerequisites:
    - Needs some (recent) Windows components, these will be installed when necessary. Dont worry everything is taken care of by Microsoft setup program!

You can have a go by pressing 'Run' on the following page. A download window will pop up. Just press Run.

http://www.u2start.com/content/bootlegmanager/publish.htm
  8. So does that organise your shows or what?
  9. It adds the shows you have on your hard drive, to your U2Start profile.
    Then you can use the catalogue to see what you have and what you dont have

http://www.u2start.com/shows/catalogue/

I might add some additional organising features later like renaming of files / directories or tagging.
  10. So it looks through all your files for the boots and then marks them off? Nice idea
  11. That is exactly what it does
  12. Its says it's installing .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 but it has been like that for ages?