1. Using folders too...

Music/U2/Bootlegs

And the bootlegs are organized by date (year/month/day), the DVD ones are in a special folder "DVDs" hehe

2. I'm really disorganised and don't really have a system. I tend to just leave things as they are when I download them in terms of file names and directories.

I tend to delete bootlegs after listening to them anyway, so I only usually have 2 or 3 on the computer at any one time. that is, unless they're mindblowing, in which case they stay on iTunes under "U2 (Live)".

this topic has inspired me to get organised.

and Risto, that program sounds like a great idea.
  3. mine works like this:

G:\U2\Tour Bootlegs\

then it's subdivided for each tour, then for audio or video, then for the shows.

G:\U2\Tour Bootlegs\Elevation\Audio Bootlegs\2001-09-01 Slane 2star\
    G:\U2\Tour Bootlegs\Elevation\Audio Bootlegs\2001-12-02 Miami 5star\
    G:\U2\Tour Bootlegs\Vertigo\Audio Bootlegs\2005-06-12 Gelsenkirchen 4star\

G:\U2\Tour Bootlegs\Vertigo\Video Bootlegs\2005-06-24 Dublin 3-5star\
    G:\U2\Tour Bootlegs\360\Video Bootlegs\2009-07-20 Amsterdam 4star\

etc.

this way I can find pretty easily what I'm searching for, and I know what quality the recording is. I had it completely unorganized in the beginning, but once I subdivided it all into folders, it works fine for me
  4. Very interesting to hear how people organise (and why not ).

Here is a small preview of the program i am writing:

I will try to make it work with the configurations you all use. So we can all benefit
    Also will add filters for tour, quality, etc
  5. Wow Risto, that's gonna be really really cool!
  6. wow Risto, that's gonna be such a great tool when it's done.
  7. Thanks Program is far from finished and I can only work on it during my spare time.

But the goal is to be very customisable. I have build in scripting support so you can make it work on your own folders/files/tags. Also the goal is to fix / add tags and in the future maybe even covers

When the time is right i will write a few sample/default scripts that may help all of you

I want it to be the powertool to manage huge collections
  8. Risto, congratulations!

I have a doubt, do u guys burn the boots in cd´s, print artwork and put them on a jewel case to place on a shelf?
  9. Originally posted by NLOTH_Victor:Risto, congratulations!

I have a doubt, do u guys burn the boots in cd´s, print artwork and put them on a jewel case to place on a shelf?

At 2 discs per boot and cases to buy, with me still being in high school and have other things to spend my money on- no. It would just get too expensive for me to keep purchasing CDs and double-disc cases. But I do keep my iPod very professionally organized- not just slapping shit on there however it comes through iTunes. I NEED cover art with my boots.

Video boots, on the other hand, always get paper sleeves with covers/back covers, and are displayed chronologically in their own special box.
  10. Originally posted by NLOTH_Victor:Risto, congratulations!

Only some, and i barely touch those CDs On the computer is so much easier.
  11. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

At 2 discs per boot and cases to buy, with me still being in high school and have other things to spend my money on- no. It would just get too expensive for me to keep purchasing CDs and double-disc cases. But I do keep my iPod very professionally organized- not just slapping shit on there however it comes through iTunes. I NEED cover art with my boots.

Video boots, on the other hand, always get paper sleeves with covers/back covers, and are displayed chronologically in their own special box.

Mine are all on cd, i just don't like filling space on the hard drive with so many boots, plus you never know when one day the hard drive might just pack it in.

12. Originally posted by RistoThanks. Program is far from finished and I can only work on it during my spare time.

But the goal is to be very customisable. I have build in scripting support so you can make it work on your own folders/files/tags. Also the goal is to fix / add tags and in the future maybe even covers

When the time is right i will write a few sample/default scripts that may help all of you

I want it to be the powertool to manage huge collections

It looks great so far. So it'll let you work with pre-defined standard ID3 tags as well as other live bands, or only for U2start?

Originally posted by gemcevoyfolder for each tour. A folder for each leg of a tour within that and the shows listed as

2009-06-30 - Barcelona
    2009-07-02 - Barcelona

etc etc

Exactly how I do mine. Lossless is exactly the same way. However, if there are two sources - RandomBloke and Admonette, I use sub-folders.

For portable players, I make sure it has album artwork - regardless of whether it is supported or not and organised as you see:

2009-06-30 - Barcelona, Spain (Live)