1. Aww, it's so predictable that people are down on Stuck In A Moment, when it's one of my favourites. It means so much to me. I nearly cried when they played it and I got to see it live. It was acoustic, too, even more lovely! I don't understand the hate for it and I definitely don't agree it's one of the worst they've done. It's beautiful, all gospel and true and aching. Shivering just thinking about it.

I love all the ATYCLB. In fact it's been a balance between that and AB and I love them both. It's well-written stuff they're playing, not throwaway. It still resonates with me and means a lot to me and without that album... I don't know what would have happened. It's my catharsis, my wee lifeline, and it was a pleasure and a dream to hear Walk On live. I only am sad I missed In A Little While - that song is incredible.

Yeah, I'm gushing, but I have to represent!
  2. I'm cool with it - if they're not to play a chunk of material from one, it'd be another one. I think we'd all love to see the odd rarity thrown in, or other material given more playtime, but I like ATYCLB as an album and like the stuff they're playing live, so, meh lol.

3. I think The Ground Beneath Her Feet would make a brilliant replacement for Walk On in the current setlist. Thematically it fits and if they wanted to stick with something with a lower tempo it's got that too.
  4. Originally posted by sonia_lastrega:[..]

I think The Ground Beneath Her Feet would make a brilliant replacement for Walk On in the current setlist. Thematically it fits and if they wanted to stick with something with a lower tempo it's got that too.

I agree, i dislike Walk On, it's rather humdrum and trite, much prefer TGBHF's elegant melancholy.

5. There's also the triteness (?) of having people 'walk on' to a song called 'Walk On'. It's a little 'interpretative dance' and obvious for my taste. I don't mind Walk On as part of the album, but I'm not convinced it needs a place in the live set. And I really loathe the whole mask routine; it makes my skin crawl.

I'd love to see them pull Stateless out. I know I said somewhere I didn't think it would fit, but I had another look/listen and I think I've changed my mind on that. Such gorgeous lyrics...

I got no home in this world,
    just gravity look in time.
    I’ve got no hope in this world,
    Just you, and you are not mine.

Stateless,
    faithless,
    stateless.

There are no colours in your eyes.
    There’s no sunshine in your sky.
    There’s no race, only the prize.
    There is no tomorrow, only tonight.

Stateless,
    it’s the difference.
    You can cover a world with your thoughts,
    still so, babe, so bright, so beautiful.

Weightless,
    stateless.
    Push, down on me.
    Push, down on me.

A weight now, a weight, down on me.
    Your weight down.
    Be the weight on ah, down on me.
    Be the heavy hand, the wall of sand.
    Be the weight hard, down on be.

Stateless,
    weightless,
    hateless.
  6. Given that it's one of their worst albums, 50% played sucks arse.
  7. I'm OK with it. They only have to get rid of Stuck, replace it with The Ground Beneath Her Feet and everything's fine
  8. I was glad not to have Stuck at the show I went to but I like it on the bootlegs. Walk On was fine and I didn't hear Elevation but I love the song as a crowd-pleasing rocker. In a Little While is a rarity really so is fine by me. Beautiful Day, of course, sucks monkeys testicles so should be banned henceforth.

I would rather hear some other stuff, so I guess I'm not that keen. Not my favourite album really
  9. I think U2 manage to make songs great live. I even quite enjoyed Magnificent this tour, though it's my least favourite on the album. I don't think you can directly compare album tracks to live versions... well, you can, but the effect of having an audience and the whole atmosphere... this is why songs like Beautiful Day are important in a setlist.
  10. Oh God, I'm going to make a tattoo with that phrase
  11. I'm cool with Beautiful Day and Elevation, MAYBE Walk On once in a while, but the others need to go. I was happy they played Stay and Your Blue Room instead of Stuck in a Moment and In A Little While at the show I went to.