1. Now pride is gone, ATYCLB bashing is next They cant play everything and of course there are 1000s of songs i rather have them play but the fact is that ATYCLB is very important to the band. It also happens to be one of my favourite albums

Actually Pride wasnt halve as bad as i expected live in the stadium. Works great live, so I suggest: put it on rotation.
  2. They should bring back Pride every now and then very early on in the set: and by that I mean the third spot Mysterious Ways currently holds. It's a great spot for an early classic to please the crowd; they could rotate songs like MW, Pride, I Will Follow, Elevation and other songs they've played a lot, but shouldn't be played at every show. They know those songs well enough to play them without too much difficulty, even if they missed a couple of gigs.

Originally posted by Risto:Now pride is gone, ATYCLB bashing is next They cant play everything and of course there are 1000s of songs i rather have them play but the fact is that ATYCLB is very important to the band. It also happens to be one of my favourite albums

Actually Pride wasnt halve as bad as i expected live in the stadium. Works great live, so I suggest: put it on rotation.

I understand ATYCLB is an important album for the band a lot of the fans (although not in here) but it has lost most of its relevance after the Elevation and Vertigo tours. Those songs were better suited for indoor shows. Now, with The Claw and all, they should realise mostly '90s songs fit better. And if the last show is anything to go by... 5 ATYCLB songs against 6 (sometimes even 5) NLOTH songs, what the hell! BD at every show, sure, it was such a big hit, they have to play it. Elevation every now and then (as I mentioned above), Stuck should never be played ever again (seriously, of all the acoustic songs they could play, why this one, and why at practically every show?), Walk On kinda sucks this tour, but it's understandable they always play it, because of Aung San Suu Kyi. As for IALW, not a bad song, but it takes up valuable space for gems as Your Blue Room.
  3. Yes, but they should bring it back later this tour.
  4. I think it's lost its passion and the lads will need to find it again before they decide to give it another go. Playing it straight after SBS presented a starking contrast between two of the 80's greatest hits. While SBS sounded fresh and got every in the crowd going Pride saw it drop a level.

Bono and the guys are much more emotionally controlled on the stage compared to what they were back then, which is fine but a song like Pride suffers unless they start to lead the crowd more.

It's their most played song live and maybe putting it in the box for a while is the way to respect it the most.
  5. Here's the thing. Not everyone at a U2 concert is a hardcore fan like most of us here. They don't listen to bootlegs that have Pride on every single show, they probably haven't been to as many shows as some people around here have.

Probably only 1/4 or 1/3 of the live audience are hardcore fans, and the rest are like, mild U2 fans. They're probably disappointed when they don't hear Pride, because it is one of their best songs live and on the album. I'm a hardcore fan, but I've only seen them once, last month on the 16th of September in Toronto. They didn't play Pride. I kind of missed it, I mean it was my first u2 show and I wished they would've played it because I love that song. On the other hand, I got to see Your Blue Room, Ultraviolet, Unforgettable Fire. I'd rather hear songs like that, but i would still have liked to see Pride.

My mom was at the show with me, and she's only a mild U2 fan. She knows all of the hits, but not a lot of the smaller songs, and she really missed Pride.

I voted sometimes play it, strictly because i'd rather hear songs like the ones i mentioned, but I do think it's like Streets where it should be kept in the set all the time, simply for the benefit of the majority of the audience.

My two cents.

6. I wish they would put more songs on rotation, currently they have what? 4 for two spots
  7. Normally I would say definitely but I'd rather hear pride than 5 songs from atyclb n your blue room. So based on what they have been replacing it with I'd say it should definitely still be rotated into the set.
  8. I'm sad to see it missing, but every song has its day - having seen Pride twice over the first leg and loving it both times, it felt so alive, and then to go and drop it feels a bit bizarre. It's one of the songs that everyone recognises as a U2 classic and most people take to, but having been played for 20 years or so in virtually every setlist...you can look at it either way.
  9. I was finally starting to love it again. At Obamas inauguration it had so much power. I think it is alive this tour. Kinda funny that the one time it has real strength in a long time, it gets dropped.
  10. Some people are so funny.
    Now that Pride was finally dropped, something nobody even imagined some time ago, people want it back! lol

11. You mean they haven't played Pride once this tour?

Thats fantastic! About time too, Pride (and Elevation) is bloody annoying, mostly due to its constant presence on every single tour, it wasn't a brilliant song to begin with either.

I'm quite happy that the band seems to be listening to fans, they've dropped Pride and brought back Ultraviolet.