1. Originally posted by Blue_Room:Regarding Drowning Man. "Supposedly" they could not find a spot in the setlist where they thought it would not kill the momentum of the show completely.

A legitimate concern perhaps but is no less of a mood killer than MLK
  2. Originally posted by Blue_Room:Regarding Drowning Man. "Supposedly" they could not find a spot in the setlist where they thought it would not kill the momentum of the show completely.

A legitimate concern perhaps but is no less of a mood killer than MLK for me.
  3. And the nights they played Your Blue Room. Love that song but the casual fan must have been wondering what the hell they were playing.
  4. One thing about U2 is I don't think we should ever rule out any songs being resurrected or introduced -- just the fact that they rehearsed Drowning Man should show that, and that they introduced songs like Your Blue Room and Scarlet (Scarlet?! Drowning Man won't get played but SCARLET?!) should mean that while it's pretty unlikely we'll ever see Drowning Man (or Stranger In a Strange Land, or Cedars of Lebanon, or Red Hil Mining Town...) live, it really is within the realms of possibility.
  5. They should just do some shows for the real diehard fans so they could play those kind of songs.

6. Agreed. I'm hoping that's what this 'two night' deal for SOI works out to be.
  7. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:One thing about U2 is I don't think we should ever rule out any songs being resurrected or introduced -- just the fact that they rehearsed Drowning Man should show that, and that they introduced songs like Your Blue Room and Scarlet (Scarlet?! Drowning Man won't get played but SCARLET?!) should mean that while it's pretty unlikely we'll ever see Drowning Man (or Stranger In a Strange Land, or Cedars of Lebanon, or Red Hil Mining Town...) live, it really is within the realms of possibility.

+1
  8. If some relatively unknown Dutch singer can do it, I'm sure the biggest band in the world can bell it out too, for God's sake. Who fucking cares if it kills the momentum of the fucking show, it's just one of the most beautiful songs EVER.

9. Who says Anneke van Giersbergen is unknown singer - is music ignorant
  10. A dutch band called Kane did a good cover of Acrobat.

So the same for Acrobat if Kane can do it, why not U2?
  11. Bono once said that Acrobat is too difficult to play...

Ah. I hope the new, more intimate tour will leave more space for imagination in the setlist. And Drowning man and Acrobat are indeed quite beautiful, and imaginative, songs
  12. I said relatively unknown, in the sense that she's not the kind of name that everyone recognises at first outside of Central Europe. If you get what I mean, I bet only 1 out of 500 people would know her by name if you ask in a street of Madrid, Dublin or Italy.