1. There's a HD-Multicam mix on u2 torrents now. 19GB.

Also Julien's SD-multicam should be ready soon.
  2. Originally posted by Risto:[..]

Saw it, dont plan on grabbing it though. Maybe i will grab it from usenet later. 19GB doesnt make sense for fan made content imho. The cams may be HD-resolution but detail, dynamic range is still behind 'dvd quality'.

Debatable, I guess. If those HD files are handled correctly, the finalized product looks amazing. Can't compete with Pro-Equipment of course, but lightyears better than the Vertigo digicam mixes.
    But a lot of times, "YT HD-files" are used, leading to if any, a small upgrade only.
  3. Originally posted by yeah:[..]

Debatable, I guess. If those HD files are handled correctly, the finalized product looks amazing. Can't compete with Pro-Equipment of course, but lightyears better than the Vertigo digicam mixes.
    But a lot of times, "YT HD-files" are used, leading to if any, a small upgrade only.

Yeah they are better than Vertigo multicams, but resolution isnt everything. Because of the telezoom and lightning its very hard to get a stable and sharp picture at a concert. I doubt you could see the difference between this 19GB file and a future DVD5 version.
  4. Originally posted by Risto:[..]

Yeah they are better than Vertigo multicams, but resolution isnt everything. Because of the telezoom and lightning its very hard to get a stable and sharp picture at a concert. I doubt you could see the difference between this 19GB file and a future DVD5 version.

From what I've seen this tour, the difference is pretty obvious. Might be different with multicams, that's true.
  5. Croke 2 has probably the best visual quality ive saw this tour. Non HD. Just a very clean and crisp image.
  6. About the HD multicam:

Saw the DVD9 version. Great video quality, audio is crap though. It seems lower than HD versions are not supposed to be shared so i wont. Its not worth it anyway. Heavy audio clipping. A shame though, some shots make you think its professionally shot.

So if you have a good ratio, download the HD files from u2torrents. The DVD9 version i have i got from usenet. But its not a keeper for me
  7. Originally posted by Risto:About the HD multicam:

Saw the DVD9 version. Great video quality, audio is crap though. It seems lower than HD versions are not supposed to be shared so i wont. Its not worth it anyway. Heavy audio clipping. A shame though, some shots make you think its professionally shot.

So if you have a good ratio, download the HD files from u2torrents. The DVD9 version i have i got from usenet. But its not a keeper for me

shame about the audio indeed. Achtungpop has his multicam effort on the way soon too