1. Originally posted by germcevoy:I was a shambles after doing all 3. I was in Dublin from the Wednesday. I caught a late bus home after the Saturday show, slept all day Sunday then went back down on Monday again. My brain was empty, my legs were empty and my bank account was most definitely empty!
    Very well observed about the bank account !

For many years I would only go to 1 night when travelling abroad and people would be surprised that I was not staying for the 2nd night...it is different now and the bank account does suffer !
  2. Those were great nights but I remember being slightly disappointed with night 3... I had vision of Vertigo night3 Setlist “filled” with surprises... all we got was drowning man rehearsal minutes before show ;p but it was 3 night party! And magic Ireland u2 places one day trip in between shows
  3. Originally posted by zbych:Those were great nights but I remember being slightly disappointed with night 3... I had vision of Vertigo night3 Setlist “filled” with surprises... all we got was drowning man rehearsal minutes before show ;p but it was 3 night party! And magic Ireland u2 places one day trip in between shows
    New Years Day tour debut and Stay were nice. Bad too. But yea that was their chance for Drowning Man and they didn’t commit. They did a full run through of I Will Follow as well that afternoon which would have went down well.

Monday night had a totally different vibe to it. Much more laid back.
  4. Monday night was the 'Irish' show.
  5. Monday was night 1?
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    New Years Day tour debut and Stay were nice. Bad too. But yea that was their chance for Drowning Man and they didn’t commit. They did a full run through of I Will Follow as well that afternoon which would have went down well.

Monday night had a totally different vibe to it. Much more laid back.
    Was Monday night reserved for locals like they did in 2005? Can't honestly remember
  7. Not particularly. There were plenty of locals in to add to the after work vibe but it was the usual international affair that a Dublin U2 show it. NYD being added was a nod to the number of Polish in Dublin and there were a lot of them at the show. Monday night was just an odd vibe given two big shows at the weekend followed by a day off then going again I needed that more laid back day though.
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Not particularly. There were plenty of locals in to add to the after work vibe but it was the usual international affair that a Dublin U2 show it. NYD being added was a nod to the number of Polish in Dublin and there were a lot of them at the show. Monday night was just an odd vibe given two big shows at the weekend followed by a day off then going again I needed that more laid back day though.
    Yeah I guess the weekend gigs were populated by tourists and the Monday one was mostly locals, but I was wondering if they made it almost local-exclusive like the 3rd Croker in 2005, which was widely praised. If I could go back in time to 2005 that's the one Vertigo gig I'd go to.