1. I'll never blame myself enough for not meeting you that day. We probably crossed sights more than once and twice during the 29th and the 30th (specially since I was organizing the queue from 29th's evening on) but how I hate myself for not searching for you!
  2. Thirty of June
    Ten o Nine...

3 years to the day...

3. ...and make that 4 years to this day now... amazing, feels like yesterday... will never forget this incredible day/night
  4. And what a day it was! Wow awesome thinking it was already 4 years ago.

5. ...and we sent sms to each other and I walked by you and Gerard and even that Spanishman there and didn't even know we almost met ...that was a day, made to end in an unforgettable night
  6. Originally posted by MacStripey:[..]

...and we sent sms to each other and I walked by you and Gerard and even that Spanishman there and didn't even know we almost met ...that was a day, made to end in an unforgettable night

Absolutely! It's great to remember it today, I never forget Breathe during that show. What a feeling
  7. I was there too!!! What a show!
  8. I tried to post here a while ago but the forum crashed on me when I pressed the "post" button I've posted it on Twitter and Facebook instead. Anyway... Yeah, it's incredible how time passes by. 4 years ago we were suffering under the heat, I was meeting Remy and Gerard (not on the photo, that's Pieter) and I had finished numbering the first 400 people of the queue:

And then... The show. What can we say about one of the most famous shows not only of U2's history, but of all music history (I dare to say)? It was one of the best days and nights in my life, I will never forget how I felt when organizing the queue and seeing thousands of happy U2 fans, and then getting to the stadium and seeing THE Claw, the empty stadium awaiting for us... Unforgettable. And then, well, the new songs, The Unforgettable Fire, Ultraviolet... What a night, what a show. Time passes by, but memories stay.

Long live U2.
  9. Hahaha that photo!
  10. It was awesome running in under that monster of a stage. I was physically a mess by the end of the night and probably wouldn't do it again but I loved it all the same.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:I tried to post here a while ago but the forum crashed on me when I pressed the "post" button I've posted it on Twitter and Facebook instead. Anyway... Yeah, it's incredible how time passes by. 4 years ago we were suffering under the heat, I was meeting Remy and Gerard (not on the photo, that's Pieter) and I had finished numbering the first 400 people of the queue:

[image]

[image]

And then... The show. What can we say about one of the most famous shows not only of U2's history, but of all music history (I dare to say)? It was one of the best days and nights in my life, I will never forget how I felt when organizing the queue and seeing thousands of happy U2 fans, and then getting to the stadium and seeing THE Claw, the empty stadium awaiting for us... Unforgettable. And then, well, the new songs, The Unforgettable Fire, Ultraviolet... What a night, what a show. Time passes by, but memories stay.

Long live U2.

Why did you numbered the first 400 people of the queue ?

12. Someone had to do it I made lots of good friends, some of them are still in contact with me. It is, without any doubt, one of the best memories of the trip. Even though I slept just 3 hours between the 29th and the 30th due to the queue organizing, I would do it again and again (in fact I did it again in San Sebastian 2010, although that was much less people than Barcelona).

EDIT, if you're asking for the reason to do it... Just for the sake of knowing who had been there early and who hadn't, and to avoid people getting late to the queue and slip in. Only people who had numbers written in their hands could get to the stadium in the first minutes (agreement between security and queue organizers like me). I also acted as a translator for many hours, since it was the most diverse queue I've ever seen (more than a half of the people were not Spanish).