1. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

Q was one. It has the same style as One, and I'd say it's the One of the album. Of course, that depends what way you interpret it.

u hate one dunt u drew? i think i remember u saying once, so do u think this song holds the album back like one does to AB? id agree its length is abit off putting.
  2. Originally posted by Andrew_C:[..]

u hate one dunt u drew? i think i remember u saying once, so do u think this song holds the album back like one does to AB? id agree its length is abit off putting.

Absolutely. It's the worst song U2 have ever written - even worse than Red Light. Rest of Achtung is great, it is that one song. It doesn't flow. But Moment of Surrender is a great track.

My favorite U2 album is probably much different to the rest of a lot of U2 fans (and some struggle to see why).
  3. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

Absolutely. It's the worst song U2 have ever written - even worse than Red Light. Rest of Achtung is great, it is that one song. It doesn't flow.

But Moment of Surrender is a great track.

fark i didnt know u hated it this much, this is more shocking then the time u listed sum of ur fav u2 songs, remember my repsonse to that,lol./
    bak on this song, will it get played live? 7mins is along time, some versions of bad r longer but thats always epic so i never care.

4. what is ur favourite? Nloth close to it? it is for me.

5. In order of top five:

October
    The Unforgettable Fire
    Pop
    Zoroopa
    The Joshua Tree

I have to give NLOTH another few listens to consider, but it's sure to bump out one of those.
  6. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

In order of top five:

October
    The Unforgettable Fire
    Pop
    Zoroopa
    The Joshua Tree

I have to give NLOTH another few listens to consider, but it's sure to bump out one of those.

that is a list that i couldnt imagine seing from most u2 fans, no baby behind bomb on there which most people have in their top 5, i do
  7. Originally posted by Andrew_C:[..]

that is a list that i couldnt imagine seing from most u2 fans, no baby behind bomb on there which most people have in their top 5, i do

I just see no reason as to why MoS couldn't be longer. A CD goes for 80 minutes, right? Why not 14 minutes or something? 7 is way too short for any song.

That said, they could have three epic 14-minute tracks, and still have plenty of room left by getting rid of NLOTH2. I remember when a CD took up 78 minutes of quality music (2001) or 79mins 59 seconds worth (1991) with only 14 or 16 tracks. And it would only come to 71 minutes if they did the three longest tracks.

And a 40-minute music video (there is one), for one of the tracks.
  8. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

I just see no reason as to why MoS couldn't be longer. A CD goes for 80 minutes, right? Why not 14 minutes or something? 7 is way too short for any song.

That said, they could have three epic 14-minute tracks, and still have plenty of room left by getting rid of NLOTH2. I remember when a CD took up 78 minutes of quality music (2001) or 79mins 59 seconds worth (1991) with only 14 or 16 tracks. And it would only come to 71 minutes if they did the three longest tracks.

And a 40-minute music video (there is one), for one of the tracks.

14mins, YUK , if it was 14mins of "Magnifient" stuff it would be ok
  9. 14-minutes? Even a 14-minute Bad becomes repetitive by then.
  10. in-a-gadda-da-vida, guys 17 minutes.
  11. I can't freakin' wait to hear this song.

12. It ain't a song unless it's 45 minutes. But 17 is still one hell of an achievement.

Aussie, it is a great song.