1. I wonder if it's a condition of their agreement with Sphere to not share any full performance videos before the film that will be exclusive to Sphere is released.
  2. Originally posted by Keeb13r:[..]

I wonder if it's a condition of their agreement with Sphere to not share any full performance videos before the film that will be exclusive to Sphere is released.
    easy, no real spoilers
  3. Originally posted by Keeb13r:[..]

I wonder if it's a condition of their agreement with Sphere to not share any full performance videos before the film that will be exclusive to Sphere is released.
    No way a home video would spoil the experience in anyway. It’s just U2 being U2. When have they constantly released full song live performance, even in previous tours? Is there even an official video of any song in full from the JT anniversary tour?
  4. Originally posted by Cask:[..]
    No way a home video would spoil the experience in anyway. It’s just U2 being U2. When have they constantly released full song live performance, even in previous tours? Is there even an official video of any song in full from the JT anniversary tour?
    One tree hill was a full video. Other than that I think 360 is the only other time we’ve had full videos that weren’t part of a release. They’re very much a business unfortunately. It’s a choice not to give us a full performance so we’re not getting a full track for free.

The one tree hill video if you’re interested. Not sure if it’s still on u2.com

Miss sarajevo as well actually.
  5. Originally posted by Cask:[..]
    To release a full song they need to go through publishing (ie Universal) and the record label which probably makes it easier to just do partials unless it’s stuff that’s already been cleared (I.e. PopMart Mexico etc)
  6. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    To release a full song they need to go through publishing (ie Universal) and the record label which probably makes it easier to just do partials unless it’s stuff that’s already been cleared (I.e. PopMart Mexico etc)
    Would be nice for them to go to the effort for fans of getting full songs cleared in future. Can’t say I’m that bothered about sphere performances but it’s something I’ve thought for past tours it wouldn’t kill them to give a full song every now and then. Been that way so long though I’m not expecting it to change.
  7. Originally posted by tuf392664:[..]
    Would be nice for them to go to the effort for fans of getting full songs cleared in future. Can’t say I’m that bothered about sphere performances but it’s something I’ve thought for past tours it wouldn’t kill them to give a full song every now and then. Been that way so long though I’m not expecting it to change.
    I’d love to see them release more. Would be nice to get a handful of downloads via U2Com or something for each tour. I guess in a way they do it with the fan club releases, but it would be nice to have something a little more immediate.

Really wish they’d go the route of other acts and provide full shows from time to time. But with Bono’s need to drop in other snippets I’m sure it’s a nightmare working on clearances for all the other songs. It can be done, the Sphere broadcast contains everything except Blackbird.
  8. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    I’d love to see them release more. Would be nice to get a handful of downloads via U2Com or something for each tour. I guess in a way they do it with the fan club releases, but it would be nice to have something a little more immediate.

Really wish they’d go the route of other acts and provide full shows from time to time. But with Bono’s need to drop in other snippets I’m sure it’s a nightmare working on clearances for all the other songs. It can be done, the Sphere broadcast contains everything except Blackbird.
    You’ve hit the nail on the head with the word ‘immediate’ and by that I mean when the buzz is happening and fans are excited about having just attended a show or that they are about to attend a show soon. It would be great just to log on to u2.com or see a video pop up on YouTube of a live performance. Full shows are even better but just a song here and there would be a great start and then give us a full show after the tour like they usually do.

Why do you think blackbird couldn’t get cleared but the rest could? Seems particularly odd when other Beatles snippets were cleared.
  9. The answer as to most questions is $.
  10. Originally posted by tuf392664:[..]
    You’ve hit the nail on the head with the word ‘immediate’ and by that I mean when the buzz is happening and fans are excited about having just attended a show or that they are about to attend a show soon. It would be great just to log on to u2.com or see a video pop up on YouTube of a live performance. Full shows are even better but just a song here and there would be a great start and then give us a full show after the tour like they usually do.

Why do you think blackbird couldn’t get cleared but the rest could? Seems particularly odd when other Beatles snippets were cleared.
    Your guess is as good as mine on Blackbird. Might not have even been a clearance thing with that one.

Immediate is the issue. I miss the live streams. They did a bunch during 360. “Atomic City” at the Grammys was heavily edited from multiple shows, and hard to watch.
    Gotta wonder what happened with the footage they filmed the first two nights they played in 2024, and why they just couldn’t use that?
  11. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    Your guess is as good as mine on Blackbird. Might not have even been a clearance thing with that one.

Immediate is the issue. I miss the live streams. They did a bunch during 360. “Atomic City” at the Grammys was heavily edited from multiple shows, and hard to watch.
    Gotta wonder what happened with the footage they filmed the first two nights they played in 2024, and why they just couldn’t use that?
    It has dropped a bit over the years hasn’t it, the live broadcasts. Vertigo had 2 full shows on tv plus Twickenham on radio, 360 had Sheffield, Montreal. São Paulo, Cape Town and some of London and then it dropped significantly for I&E, think maybe just the opening night there was a couple of songs broadcast on radio. That’s excluding rose bowl for 360 which was live and Paris I&E which was live or same day maybe? But JT and E&I had nothing.

That atomic city performance really surprised me, using multiple performances edited together was one thing but cutting the song so early was unbelievable. It’s the worst I’ve seen from the band at a tv/awards performance and disappointing. With the next album and tour I’m keeping expectations low when it comes to all this broadcast stuff but hopefully they give us some good promo performances and it doesn’t take too long to release a show from the tour, but that’s getting way ahead of things now.