1. Originally posted by MacStripey:so the tour re-starts again tonight in Leipzig in less than 2 hours.... let's hope Dave had enough time for recovery -- and here's to hope we'll get a brilliant bootleg

Gah i keep looking at Depeche mode sites wanting to see how it went down. I need to stop because i dont want the setlist to be a spoiler when i see them
  2. I got tickets I'm so psyched. I just noticed there are no service charges today, so they only came up to about 32 dollars.
  3. I really like the live cd thing they got together again.
  4. I like a few of their songs, but don't love any of it. I think the techno sound is much bigger in Europe. I just can't get into it . . . probably similar to how Europe feels about country music coming out of the States. Either way, I think we all agree the BEST band came from Dublin - so props to lovely Ireland.
  5. Hi,
    i was in Hamburg, and the Show was very good, we had a lot of fun there.
    and now you now my 2 best bands, 1. U2; 2. Depeche Mode.

i hope U2 will Rock Berlin this Saturday can´t wait any longer to see them again.
  6. Originally posted by gwiz:I got tickets I'm so psyched. I just noticed there are no service charges today, so they only came up to about 32 dollars.

Enjoy the Show, really nice. Hopefully you can see the Strangelovevideo uncut.
    have fun
  7. Originally posted by laura1979:Hi everyone,
    now you know 2 of my favourite groups.. What do u think about DM? The first song I listened to was "walking in my shoes", and I fell in love with them. Now everytime they come to Italy I go to their concerts.. I think they improved, without losing their tipycal sound..
    Simply (one of) the best..

lol, you know those were exactly my two fav bands back in 97

Songs of Faith and Devotion is my fav album, even though it was a troubled period for them.

Sounds of the Universe is fun, but I won't be able to go see 'em in September, too expensive (livenation)
  8. I'm finally going to see them in Ahoy, after have missed out a few times.
    While they fill big stadiums in Germany easlily, here seems a bit less popular, for the mainstream then I think.
  9. The show was yesterday
    The support act, Peter Bjorn and John, was pretty good. After that it took a while to get their gear set up for the main event. The whole arena stood up for the whle show, which was something I've never done before. The put on an amazing show. It was pretty funny how Dave was trying to get us to sing along to A Question Time but we couldn't pull it off. The visualizations o the backround were amazing.
  10. DM are an excellent band, i really feel for them on their current tour and dave Gahan seems to be jinxed (cancer scare and then a torn calf muscle) causing a lot of show cancellations.

That said, they sold out the O2 in 30 mins and i'm lucky enough to have gotten tickets for manchester.

Their current tour is pretty good, lots of new songs and some excellent favourites, i love wrong and peace two great songs, others liek walking in my shoes, i feel you work really well with classics such as personal jesus, enjoy the silence and policy of truth, throw in some earlier stuff etc....gives for a great live show.

A great band both studio and live, recent sales devalue their contribution to the music industry.
  11. I heard that after some more cancellations, they played a gig again last night.

anyone know if there is a recording out somewhere? or coming up, given that it was only last night?