1. I think Mercy is a leftover from the 80's tbh. It certainly sounds like it.
  2. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    I’m doubtful we will have an anniversary release for Atomic Bomb. They are working on getting the new album out for Fall. They aren’t going to look at a big box set when they are trying to sell a new album.

There is the possibility that they delay the new album until 2025 due to the US elections that was the excuse they used for delaying SOE for a year in 2016 (Bono's health issues also), & there is the matter of whether Larry is up to to going on the road doing promo etc I'd say they will give him more time to recover and hold off as long as possible before committing to a full scale tour.
  3. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]

There is the possibility that they delay the new album until 2025 due to the US elections that was the excuse they used for delaying SOE for a year in 2016 (Bono's health issues also), & there is the matter of whether Larry is up to to going on the road doing promo etc I'd say they will give him more time to recover and hold off as long as possible before committing to a full scale tour.
    And they have a backup plan for the Fall if they push back the album to Spring which doesn’t involve an anniversary issue of HTDAAB.
  4. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    And they have a backup plan for the Fall if they push back the album to Spring which doesn’t involve an anniversary issue of HTDAAB.
    This backup plan isn't referring to going back to the Sphere again is it?
  5. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    What is the back up plan?
  6. No they won't be going back to Sphere this Fall. (Yes, I'm aware there are some chatter of that happening with Bram not going on tour with Krezip, but it isn’t planned...they finished at 40 shows, and at this point in time have no plans to go back.)
  7. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    A third " best of " album most probably is the back up plan....... Best of 2000-2010.
  8. I’d assume the back up plan if no new album in the fall is the digital release of their live converts previously available on dvd some blu ray or more single refreshes. Possibly the achtung baby ones.
  9. Originally posted by Timk68:Could be some great energy (emotional) going into this album. Larry come back, Adam divorce . I'm sensing a great album on the way .

Also pent up emotions over the Sphere from Larry. I hope Edge got inspired by playing Achtung in full 40 times.