1. One of the primary reasons I gave up on Joomla - constant updating, constant patching, security issues etc. But then, what software (commercially released) the size of Joomla / vBulletin have security issues? I'd be interested to find one that doesn't. Even WordPress has many security holes which you've gotta plug up.

I haven't tried vBulletin 3 yet, but from what you're saying it's a lot better. I might give it a crack.

I'm sure if the software can handle everything here it's bound to handle pretty much anything else. This is much better because you can code what you want and not what others think you should have (e.g. developers). That's what annoys me about software such as Windows - you're given stuff like Terminal Server, remote procedure call etc - who uses, as a home user, that sort of stuff?
  2. Originally posted by drewhiggins:One of the primary reasons I gave up on Joomla - constant updating, constant patching, security issues etc. But then, what software (commercially released) the size of Joomla / vBulletin have security issues? I'd be interested to find one that doesn't. Even WordPress has many security holes which you've gotta plug up.

I haven't tried vBulletin 3 yet, but from what you're saying it's a lot better. I might give it a crack.

I'm sure if the software can handle everything here it's bound to handle pretty much anything else. This is much better because you can code what you want and not what others think you should have (e.g. developers). That's what annoys me about software such as Windows - you're given stuff like Terminal Server, remote procedure call etc - who uses, as a home user, that sort of stuff?

Yep, that's the downsize of such great software releases. Ah well, we'll see what the future brings
  3. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Yep, that's the downsize of such great software releases. Ah well, we'll see what the future brings

''It's all I can do....'', to quote a famous Irishman. And even when you think it's completely bug-free, security-perfect - you find something else wrong again!
  4. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

''It's all I can do....'', to quote a famous Irishman. And even when you think it's completely bug-free, security-perfect - you find something else wrong again!

Saying it with Coldplay: "Sometimes even the right is wrong..."
    (It was Lovers In Japan from Viva La Vida for the precision )
  5. Originally posted by sadb7788[..]

Saying it with Coldplay: "Sometimes even the right is wrong..."
    (It was Lovers In Japan from Viva La Vida for the precision )

We could turn this topic into "Seeing the future of U2start with as many lyrics as possible", you know.
  6. The idea of the blog is amazing, well done Simone Everyone seems to agree.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASongThe idea of the blog is amazing, well done Simone Everyone seems to agree.

Happy for your agreement too
    I said it, I'm pleased if I can be useful to this community. That's all
  8. dude i would love to write. that would be a dream come true. maybe jeremy, harry and I could all write on U2's guitar and instrumentation work for the next album
  9. Originally posted by thebonodrums:dude i would love to write. that would be a dream come true. maybe jeremy, harry and I could all write on U2's guitar and instrumentation work for the next album

And we would love you to write Thanks, when the oppertunity comes up I will send you a message.
  10. Originally posted by sadb7788[..]...I'm pleased if I can be useful to this community...

That's more than I can say
    Originally posted by thebonodrumsdude i would love to write. that would be a dream come true. maybe jeremy, harry and I could all write on U2's guitar and instrumentation work for the next album

lol! That would be cool although I do think you should include people like Alex (Rattle&Hum1988) and Jeff (anstratdubh1979) in that equation too. Everyone has something tucked away that's gonna be worth mentioning

However it's gonna work, and although I'm not entirely sure what the complete idea is, I'd be up for writing a U2-related blog when or wherever
  11. oh ya of course thanks harry. lol i havent been around lol of course. jeff could do it himself lol but im sure we can lend a hand