1. Originally posted by stj0691[..]

I can't say it any better than that....

Could I be one of the bloggers? I always seem to be the one predicting about the new album and getting bits and pieces right. Then again thats just luck though.

I agree with you...You certainly should be one of the. But as Remy said: This is something for the future, not for now...
  2. Originally posted by markp91[..]

I agree with you...You certainly should be one of the. But as Remy said: This is something for the future, not for now...

I'll be waiting then...
  3. Originally posted by stj0691[..]

I can't say it any better than that....

Could I be one of the bloggers? I always seem to be the one predicting about the new album and getting bits and pieces right. Then again thats just luck though.

Sure you can, I will do a poll in the near future, you can sign up then and if we get enough response we can do some try outs. Noted your username
  4. these are some pretty cool and exciting ideas am curious to see what becomes of this site in the future!
  5. Nice idea Simone
  6. Originally posted by RemyThanks for the idea Simone, always good to hear members are thinking with us.

I actually think this is a very good idea, but not for the near future. I will add it to the list of requested features, when the time is ready me and the rest of the crew will discuss how we can use this feature the best way possible. Because I agree with you completely, we are now ready to become our own source.

I'm so pleased to be useful
    My greatest and only hope about U2start is that this site become the very best of the best, THE site about U2, in the world! This is why I thought that and suggested it. And I'm really happy that it will come, just because I see it'll be a great pass for this site

Always ready to give my help

Cheers!
  7. Originally posted by RemyCouldn't do it without you all, but, with all due respect, U2start is by far the most advanced U2 website on the internet. All other sites work with standard software and static pages, we work with only the best custom written software Thanks to that, the possibilities are endless, we can make anything.

You said it all chief! Just like we all read at the bottom of every page here since last summer site update, U2start is a SUCCESSFUL remy.tv production!
    Your genius is near the 80% of U2start success
  8. Originally posted by djrlewisNice idea Simone

Thanks for your positive opinion

Most of all I'm happy if I can be useful to this site, I'm not used to be proud of myself and I use to lay down people's cheers when they come
  9. I'd be more than happy to maintain a user blog. We could well do something like a Facebook group, but then this would detract from the actual static pages.

It is some great custom software!
  10. Originally posted by drewhigginsI'd be more than happy to maintain a user blog. We could well do something like a Facebook group, but then this would detract from the actual static pages.

It is some great custom software!

apart from the content the software is what seals the deal here. Every other U2 site is practically a V Bulletin layout
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

apart from the content the software is what seals the deal here. Every other U2 site is practically a V Bulletin layout

The only problems with vBulletin is that maintaining a database is much harder (everything is totally separate as opposed to other softwares) and security. Every site has potential security risks but vBulletin is notoriously bad for security holes, bugs and god knows what else. And it's slow at everything - installing plug-ins etc. No way I'd install that crap on any of my systems.

VB only needs one thing: a gunshot to the head. It is that bad. If you know how to keep it updated, maintained etc then it's probably fine. Remy made a great decision to custom-write and it makes his job a lot easier, because he knows the software. When I write software and design apps, I'm much better at keeping it working because I have all the code and other resources.

No way with vBulletin could you ever maintain such a clean and good-looking bootleg section or even the photo pages. My original website, which I actually forgot all about until news about the new recording sessions, used Joomla which is like this but yet more complicated again.
  12. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

The only problems with vBulletin is that maintaining a database is much harder (everything is totally separate as opposed to other softwares) and security. Every site has potential security risks but vBulletin is notoriously bad for security holes, bugs and god knows what else. And it's slow at everything - installing plug-ins etc. No way I'd install that crap on any of my systems.

VB only needs one thing: a gunshot to the head. It is that bad. If you know how to keep it updated, maintained etc then it's probably fine. Remy made a great decision to custom-write and it makes his job a lot easier, because he knows the software. When I write software and design apps, I'm much better at keeping it working because I have all the code and other resources.

vBulletin isn't that bad, the 3.x versions actually do work quite great, I use it for the forums of the school, works great with attachments and such.

Disadvantage of standard forums are features that take a lot of space and power that you never will use. The U2start forums only have functions that we actually use, which makes it better than others.

I am actually gonna use this forum software for the first time outside U2start in the near future, I am currently converting two old forums to use this software. In total with 15.000 users, 65.000 topics and 1.000.000 posts. I'm curious if it works as good then as it works here

used Joomla which is like this but yet more complicated again.

Speaking of security holes, welcome to Joomla world..

http://www.google.nl/search?q=joomla+security+hole